Future Kegerator Beer Fish Tank Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaslam07

Reaction score
Hi all, soon i am going to be constructing my own bar with built in fish tank, i am currently doing the plans so will upload soon, just want to know of any tips etc. My plan is to construct a chassis like structure so its strong enough to hold the tank and then construct the wood around it. I am planning on getting hold of an old fridge and putting 2 or 3 kegs/cannisters in it with a CO2 bottle and have them feeding up to the taps on the bar. Will the C02 be ok in the fridge or should it be outside of the fridge ? I also would like to know on average how long would 1 a keg/cannister of homebrew beer last for and 2 a keg/canister of premuim lager say Carlsberg. The reason i ask is i obviously dont want to buy/make to much and have to throw it away. So this is my idea if you have any opinions or ideas please share and i will upload a rough plan of what it will look like, thanks.

CO2 can be in or out, no matter.

a 5 lb tank lasts me between 5 and 7 5-gallon kegs to carb and serve. I'd guess 2-3 times that if already carbed and just serving already carbonated beer.

a 5 gallon keg (typical corny keg) is about 50 12 oz servings..will last a very long time if you properly make your beer. Pushing it out with CO2 does not make the beer go bad.

Back