Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's all food grade. Testing tasted funny haha.

But no party for a proper test right now, and I'm not stocked anyways :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

1415513724044.jpg

Let's be realistic here, guys - with this much beer blasting under this much pressure, it just isn't feasible to expect one person to funnel all of it. What we're going to need is long line of eager college co-eds!

Preferably of the female variety ;)

"Guinness is a meal."

Maybe for a 5 year old?

Love me Some Guinness... and have given many of blank looks when people ask "How do you drink that?" or "Isnt that too thick to enjoy?"... my favorite is "it fills me up, I cant drink it" from a person who has two b-lites and calls it a night.. LOL... I go by this rule.. If a person has to ask me why I'm drinking Guinness... They probably wont understand my answer so why bother. :confused:

Also.. KB... with that line-up of bottled brew... I like how you snuck in the "strawberry Wheat"... I read it like this if you were pointing out cars in the garage... There's my Ferrari, my Benz, Lambo, my Yugo, my BMW,... I'm not knocking the fruit beer I like them.. I just like the way you threw it in there..

On a flight from Palm Beach last week, I'm sitting next to this chick, and she's putting away the vodka-sodas pretty good. Finally, toward the end of the flight, notwithstanding my best "I'm really reading here" pose with my kindle, I get lured into a conversation with her. Musta been the comment she made about my beer selection, a Brooklyn Lager (the best of a small selection, and not bad at all).

So she says "That's a really good beer", and I agree and we have a brief discussion about beer where she does all the talking and all I can squeeze in is a few nods. Then she comes out with "I'm a beer connoisseur". And I say, "Really? What kind of beers do you like?". And she says "Oh, Shocktop, Blue Moon, uh, and others". I nodded and smiled. Just could not think of a single {nice} thing to say after that.

I'm such a beer snob now. Oh, well, I guess there are worse fates.

Yeah that's funny. At least she's got the right idea and branching out. In a year will probably be drinking actual craft beer. As for the Self proclamation... That's just weird.

Another time it gets awkward is when someone introduces you as a beer connoisseur. I really never know what to say to that. Connoisseur means snob to a lot of people.

Love me Some Guinness... and have given many of blank looks when people ask "How do you drink that?" or "Isnt that too thick to enjoy?"... my favorite is "it fills me up, I cant drink it" from a person who has two b-lites and calls it a night.. LOL... I go by this rule.. If a person has to ask me why I'm drinking Guinness... They probably wont understand my answer so why bother. :confused:

Also.. KB... with that line-up of bottled brew... I like how you snuck in the "strawberry Wheat"... I read it like this if you were pointing out cars in the garage... There's my Ferrari, my Benz, Lambo, my Yugo, my BMW,... I'm not knocking the fruit beer I like them.. I just like the way you threw it in there..

yeah that is annoying..don't people know that guinness is light.it has less calories then a budweiser but people see the brain oil and get scared

Yeah, they think that because it's creamy C02 pour and dark roasted flavors that it's "like drinking a steak" I've heard ppl say that before. Once you learn it's only 4.7 abv, and taste stouts in the 10% range you get a new perspective on it.

"Is this a beer or is this an ale...I mean what's the difference? It says it's an IPA, which one is it then, a beer or an ale?"

Facepalm:drunk:

girlfriend of one of my buddies: "I don;t like it too much. Its got too much hops for me"
Me: "huh? this is a hefeweizen. It basically has no hop character at all, what kind of hop flavors are you picking up?"
Her: "I dunno, its just too hoppy, hopping all around in my mouth"
Me:*facepalm* "are you talking about carbonation???"
does this girl think CocaCola is hoppy?

girlfriend of one of my buddies: "I don;t like it too much. Its got too much hops for me"
Me: "huh? this is a hefeweizen. It basically has no hop character at all, what kind of hop flavors are you picking up?"
Her: "I dunno, its just too hoppy, hopping all around in my mouth"
Me:*facepalm* "are you talking about carbonation???"
does this girl think CocaCola is hoppy?

I don't know about Coke but I think Dr. Pepper has 23 different kinds of hops in it.

My Sister-In-Law "My Michelob Ultra is a REALLY hoppy beer. And you think your 120 minute is hoppy? Not!"
Me "Well why don't you try some and let me know what you think?"
My S-I-L "Sure hand it over. I'm sure its not even close to my Mickey."
Takes a big mouth full.
Spits it out all over the patio.
"That tastes like liquid vomit!"
Me "I like my beer Hoppy!"

If this thread has taught me anything (which is probably stretching the limits of reality), it's that in-laws and good beer just don't mix.

My FIL took us to a new brewery in town last Thanksgiving eve. And the dude doesn't even like beer. :off: :D

My Sister-In-Law "My Michelob Ultra is a REALLY hoppy beer. And you think your 120 minute is hoppy? Not!"
Me "Well why don't you try some and let me know what you think?"
My S-I-L "Sure hand it over. I'm sure its not even close to my Mickey."
Takes a big mouth full.
Spits it out all over the patio.
"That tastes like liquid vomit!"
Me "I like my beer Hoppy!"

Anyone who spits out 120 min does not deserve to drink beer IMO thats why satan invented wine coolers

Yeah that's funny. At least she's got the right idea and branching out. In a year will probably be drinking actual craft beer. As for the Self proclamation... That's just weird.

Another time it gets awkward is when someone introduces you as a beer connoisseur. I really never know what to say to that. Connoisseur means snob to a lot of people.

I just tell them, "No, I'm a beer snob. I don't drink Bud."

Patron of my workplace sits down with a beer. I get a wiff and judge it by color and head retention....

Me:
"So, what are you drinking, Bud or Bud light?"

Him:
(Laugh) "No, it's Stella!"

It's amusing how many people are convinced that drinking Heineken or Stella makes them informed, discerning drinkers.

It's amusing how many people are convinced that drinking Heineken or Stella makes them informed, discerning drinkers.

I agree it is funny. But it helps me keep things in perspective remembering that I used to think Heineken was the best beer in the world. And at the other extreme someone somewhere would tell me that the Orval I drank two nights ago was not at the proper temperature and should have been cellered a few more months.

I agree it is funny. But it helps me keep things in perspective remembering that I used to think Heineken was the best beer in the world. And at the other extreme someone somewhere would tell me that the Orval I drank two nights ago was not at the proper temperature and should have been cellered a few more months.

Yeah that kinda beer snob can get to me too. It's almost like that persons missing the whole point of beer: enjoying it.

On a flight from Palm Beach last week, I'm sitting next to this chick, and she's putting away the vodka-sodas pretty good. Finally, toward the end of the flight, notwithstanding my best "I'm really reading here" pose with my kindle, I get lured into a conversation with her.

So you were next to a half-drunk female who was stuck with you for several hours, who was clearly interested in engaging with you, and your instinct was to shut her out? Because she likes Shock Top?

So you were next to a half-drunk female who was stuck with you for several hours, who was clearly interested in engaging with you, and your instinct was to shut her out? Because she likes Shock Top?

I have the same issue. Not saying that everyone thaf likrs shock top is like this, but Most girls that I notice are interested in me are the typical selfy taking materialistic narcissist sorority type and I can't stand to be around them because my head is screaming at them the whole time

My wife started off on Summer Shandy and Shock Top (although she never called herself a connoisseur). Now she drinks porters, brown ales, and DIPAs. There is hope.

Nothing wrong with liking Blue Moon or Shock Top... UNLESS YOU ****ING CALL YOURSELF A BEER CONNOISSEUR AND CLAIM THEY'RE YOUR FAVORITE BEERS.

Just sayin', y'know? If your favorite beer is Corona, you better not claim to be a beer connoisseur. There are a ton of people out there, though, who think that Blue Moon is a craft beer company. And I'd imagine some people think that Shock Top is too.

I think a lot of fans of those beers would be surprised to learn that they're basically Budweiser (AB) and Coors (CM) responses to craft beer. I don't think either brand has Anheuser-Busch or Coors Miller written on the labels.

I think a lot of fans of those beers would be surprised to learn that they're basically Budweiser (AB) and Coors (CM) responses to craft beer. I don't think either brand has Anheuser-Busch or Coors Miller written on the labels.

Nope.

BlueMoonLabel.jpg

SCN_0016.jpg

It is amazing what advertising will do to the people who are uninformed and lack the will to change it.

Back