Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't put it past OB to have done that on purpose. Read all their cans, lots of goofy one-line type stuff going on. I'm thinking 'gold metal' because it's in a gold metal can.

Guess I never noticed. Now I look stupid.

Not exactly on topic, but funny and beer related:

Today, St. Paddy's Day, a buddy of mine sent me a picture of crabbie's ginger beer, with the caption of "Festive: Straight from Scotland!"

Overheard at a local pizza place (with a kickass beer list):
Guy: "What's this beer? Strong season? What's a strong season?"
Waitress: "That's a strong saison."
Guy: "Oh. What's a strong saison?"

My wife [to me, just out of earshot]: "Can you believe that guy? 'Strong season.' A strong season is when you finish 3 games out of the division lead and win the wild card, but your goalie gets injured and you get eliminated in the first round. A strong saison is a high abv beer made with a low-floc Belgian yeast that produces fruity or spicy esters. Duh."

That's why I married her.

Wow! Good for you. That's a keeper!

Overheard at a local pizza place (with a kickass beer list):
Guy: "What's this beer? Strong season? What's a strong season?"
Waitress: "That's a strong saison."
Guy: "Oh. What's a strong saison?"

My wife [to me, just out of earshot]: "Can you believe that guy? 'Strong season.' A strong season is when you finish 3 games out of the division lead and win the wild card, but your goalie gets injured and you get eliminated in the first round. A strong saison is a high abv beer made with a low-floc Belgian yeast that produces fruity or spicy esters. Duh."

That's why I married her.

That's awesome

just realized I have 9 bottle openers on my desk here in my home office.

where I've never had a beer

guess that's not really a funny about beer, just a slightly humorous (to me) situational observation

10 Things To Do With Leftover Beer

"leftover. beer."

I recognize the words as belonging to the English language and understand their definitions, but the way they're put side-by-side like that makes absolutely no sense to me

Makes sense to me.
Cycling magazine = Lance Armstrong = Michelob Ultra

I could definitely have leftovers of that

did have a Harp from my 50th birthday party (3 years go) and that went into the crockpot with this year's St Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage

but that wasn't "leftover" beer. just beer I hadn't drunk yet

Not exactly overheard, but funny nonetheless.

image.jpg

The SWMBO and I went up north to a micro brewery that has a bent canoe paddle as its logo. All sorts of hipsters sitting around with suspenders and shaved sides of their heads drinking beer and having a good time.

Us old people walk in and and wait in line to get a couple of flights along with Nitro samples. The two hipsters behind us are talking about their selections, "Man, that last Nitro Cold Press Stout really woke me up, who knew that nitrous oxide could do that? Last time I had a cavity filled, they had me huff the stuff and I feel asleep."

My loving German (AKA, no filter) wife spun around and said, "I think you confused Nitrogen with Nitrous Oxide and I think its the coffee that woke you up last time you had it, not the nitro."

Blank look, slowly realizing his mistake, his eyes open really wide and says, "Really? The dentist used coffee to put me to sleep?

My wife just turned around and said, "God, just get me a beer, please?!?"

Was this in Duluth mn.?

I was talking beer with the guy working at my LHBS the other day and he told me he had a 7 year old Stone IPA side by side with a fresh one and told me how crazy it was that Stone makes their IPA so much hoppier now and it used to be very malty actually....

I was asking all kinds of IPA brewing advice just before hand and I kind of disregarded most of it after that comment haha...

The SWMBO and I went up north to a micro brewery that has a bent canoe paddle as its logo. All sorts of hipsters sitting around with suspenders and shaved sides of their heads drinking beer and having a good time.

Us old people walk in and and wait in line to get a couple of flights along with Nitro samples. The two hipsters behind us are talking about their selections, "Man, that last Nitro Cold Press Stout really woke me up, who knew that nitrous oxide could do that? Last time I had a cavity filled, they had me huff the stuff and I feel asleep."

My loving German (AKA, no filter) wife spun around and said, "I think you confused Nitrogen with Nitrous Oxide and I think its the coffee that woke you up last time you had it, not the nitro."

Blank look, slowly realizing his mistake, his eyes open really wide and says, "Really? The dentist used coffee to put me to sleep?

My wife just turned around and said, "God, just get me a beer, please?!?"

Was this in Duluth mn.?

Indeed, are YOU the Hipster? :ban:

Man drinking imperial stout at local micro: "Wow, this has a lot of coffee going on"
Brewer: "There's actually no coffee in this batch, we sometimes put some in though"
Man: "wow where do those flavors come from then, the hops?"
Brewer: "...yeah"

In his defense he was very busy filling about 20 growlers of their insanely good double ipa, but he could have not misinformed this poor guy who thinks there are coffee hops now

Man drinking imperial stout at local micro: "Wow, this has a lot of coffee going on"
Brewer: "There's actually no coffee in this batch, we sometimes put some in though"
Man: "wow where do those flavors come from then, the hops?"
Brewer: "...yeah"

In his defense he was very busy filling about 20 growlers of their insanely good double ipa, but he could have not misinformed this poor guy who thinks there are coffee hops now

Sounds like something I would do just to be smart@$$.

Back