Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, this thread has over-promised & under-delivered for most of its existence.

People that think what they heard is funny.
People that think what that person said isn't funny.
People that tell us this thread sucks and isn't funny.

53401fbb3304132a4f8ea2c68331cdcd.jpg

The smoker I drink,
the player I get.
The more that I drink,
the more gas that I let.
The more gas I let,
the more room is to be found.
So there's more beer & wommens to go round!
How's that? Funny?...no...well, hell...:tank:

I still like the 1956 movie about Moby Dick with Gregory Peck. He made a great ahab! I'll always have that scene near the end stuck in my mind, where he repeatedly sticks the whale with a harpoon, " Die, die, die! Damn ye blasted whale"!! But that newer one where the islander spearman smokes weed from a long pipe in bed, offering some to the young main character...funny stuff. The one where Hugh-Keys Burn plays a shipmate.

With all the anti Coke as a generic term folks here, I can't believe more people didn't jump on the guy in the "What are you drinking now?" thread. He said he was drinking an apfelwein and cranberry juice mimosa.

Neighbor was really incredulous about my claims to not have added any fruit to my APA. Made me so damn proud :)

Brought a corny of HB to a party. after figuring out that I brewed it, there were so many guys whose first question was "really? how did you get it in the keg?". I would have thought there were so many other good first questions...

Brought a corny of HB to a party. after figuring out that I brewed it, there were so many guys whose first question was "really? how did you get it in the keg?". I would have thought there were so many other good first questions...

Tell them if they didn't take quantum physics, they wouldn't understand.

With all the anti Coke as a generic term folks here, I can't believe more people didn't jump on the guy in the "What are you drinking now?" thread. He said he was drinking an apfelwein and cranberry juice mimosa.

I don't see a branded name anywhere.

During lunch the bar tender described the local breweries (Strike Brewing) season brown similar to fat tire. I have nothing against NB but the season brown has about 10 times more the flavor and color. I would describe it as Fat Tire on steroids with out increasing the abv.

This was from a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgeable about beer (at least stouts) so I was a little surprised. We were at a special beer release party, and he said he wondered if one of the beers was skunked because he'd seen the proprietor take it in and out of the cooler a lot.

Knowing he likes to learn about beer, I told him beer actually gets skunked by over exposure to UV light.

He immediately put this new knowledge to work, expressing concern over the relative transparency of some of the brown glass bottles compared to others.

This was from a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgeable about beer (at least stouts) so I was a little surprised. We were at a special beer release party, and he said he wondered if one of the beers was skunked because he'd seen the proprietor take it in and out of the cooler a lot.

Knowing he likes to learn about beer, I told him beer actually gets skunked by over exposure to UV light.

He immediately put this new knowledge to work, expressing concern over the relative transparency of some of the brown glass bottles compared to others.

Read this paper on light wavelength penetration across various bottle colors. Bottom line: with the spectrum from sunlight, brown bottles are a pretty safe bet at preventting skunking
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VG1IiO6-OQ8JflB2rmlcl8aIK4DX_d3tbw0rD6kDUjP_5FWzf7oQXa_OEpupX6UZ0lwsKSDe4FLJtq2j/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, but your friend sounds insufferable.

He's alright. And anyway, I imagine "insufferable" describes quite a lot of us in this thread. ;)

Yea it does. My brother is the same way, as soon as I explain a tidbit of beer information to him he thinks he understands it all. He's been bugging me to make a mesquite smoked blue corn saison for him for a while now.

Yea it does. My brother is the same way, as soon as I explain a tidbit of beer information to him he thinks he understands it all. He's been bugging me to make a mesquite smoked blue corn saison for him for a while now.

if you don't do it, Wil Wheaton is gonna pawnch you in the berries.

I used to like this Peruvian blue corn drink a lady of that origin used to sell at the international food fair during Riverfest in Lorain at the old Lorain Port authority I did that " The Driver's Eye" video on. So that blue corn in a saison might actually be good...if you can find some of that blue corn? She lightly spiced it too with cinnamon & ? Kind of a natural sweetness with light spice. Very tasty indeed, as I got hooked on the stuff the way she made it! The rest of the flavor is hard to describe. Not dark exactly, but not the usual corn flavor either...hm...kinda like a spiced chicha?

Back