Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
threadlock.jpg

On a recent episode of NCIS, the New Orleans version. The agents are at a suspected murder location and one of them smells "hooch" on the suspect. The agent proceeds to open a box pulling out a flip-top bottle. Says something to the effect of looks like hooch. The owner states it's an IPA, agent goes on to tell him about all the federal prison time he'll get for it.

On a recent episode of NCIS, the New Orleans version. The agents are at a suspected murder location and one of them smells "hooch" on the suspect. The agent proceeds to open a box pulling out a flip-top bottle. Says something to the effect of looks like hooch. The owner states it's an IPA, agent goes on to tell him about all the federal prison time he'll get for it.

I wonder if In Bev paid for those lines.

Canada is filled with nothing but moose & yeti. Everyone knows that.

*EDIT* Sorry 'bout that... I'm a little behind sometimes. Carry on, don't mind me.

*whistles innocently*

Last edited:
Speaking of "canadian" fries....what the hell do you americans use vinegar for if you don't put it on your fries???

You've obviously never had pit bbq'd fresh coho or chinook before?! Me & my brother, family & friends used to do these bbq's where everything you brought had to be home made/grown, shot or caught. great times.

I can't say I've had bbq fish. The furthest I go with fish is on a plank on the grill. Otherwise, poaching, broiled, baked, fried, and steamed is where I like to keep it.

I pulled out a bi-fold quick-reference guide (Copyrighted 2002) for mixing drinks last night, and a subsection on 'beer' caught my eye with the line "Ale is generally higher alcohol than beer". I'm going to get a picture of the thing and post it, it was amusingly bad.

It was sorta funny when I was on the phone with the people that handle microsoft's on-line repairs. Darn Indians are hard to understand at times. Woman didn't know what to do for a tick when I explained I didn't want my Beersmith & open office files wiped just to fix the problem. I told her I was a home brewer & wrote books about home brewing as well. Then I got the, "oh, ok, well..." bit. I think she lost her program for a tick or two there?...

It was sorta funny when I was on the phone with the people that handle microsoft's on-line repairs. Darn Indians are hard to understand at times. Woman didn't know what to do for a tick when I explained I didn't want my Beersmith & open office files wiped just to fix the problem. I told her I was a home brewer & wrote books about home brewing as well. Then I got the, "oh, ok, well..." bit. I think she lost her program for a tick or two there?...

Whut?

I guess it was one of those times you had to be there? Once she got it from me that she wasn't going to get to do it the easy way, then was told I'm a home brewer & author, she stumbled for a bit. I wish microsoft would use people in America, rather than?...

Latest posts

Back