Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian Trappist for the win! Although, since you're in Texas...if it were summer, patersbier might a better choice, since it would be about 110°F at 9AM.

True true. But our A/C at church is world class. I'd be okay with a big RIS in the middle of August in that joint.

I was at a taproom not far from me in Minnesota. My conversation with the beertender was such:

Me: "What do you recommend?"
Beertender: "Oh... I don't drink beer"
Me: "Oh... well, why are you working at a brewery?"
Beertender: "I came in with my boyfriend and the owner thought I was pretty."
Me: "Do you know anything about the beers on tap here?"
Beertender: "They all have alcohol?"

I was at a taproom not far from me in Minnesota. My conversation with the beertender was such:

She better have been really "pretty"!

Multiple kudos for her honesty.

A really good friend of mine came and stayed with me last weekend. He and his wife are rapidly spiraling toward divorce, and it's getting ugly. He's committed and wants to make it work - she got Tinder on her phone. Anyway, he had to get away, and he brought a mixed six of stouts and porters with him (swell fellow, I know). I reach into the carton at random and pull out a bottle of Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald porter. Oh damn, that's a bad sign!

Edited to add image of sinking ship:

edmungfitz_bottleglass.jpg

Coors Light haters: what color were the mountains? If they weren't blue, you're not supposed to be drinking it. Maybe that's the problem. Guess I'd better add a wink face so everyone can see the sarcasm ;)

... Me: "Oh... well, why are you working at a brewery?"
Beertender: "I came in with my boyfriend and the owner thought I was pretty."...

Ah yes, one of those girls who somehow ends up on a tube site ...

"... what do you mean relax? ... Oh my god, I can't believe I did this ... this is SO bad ... my BOYFRIEND is down in the CAR - waiting for me and ... !!! ... I didn't mean to - I mean, it was a calendar right? ... oh noooo - I've got to go ... oh **** I've GOT to GO ! ..."

He said that there's a time and place for every beer, not a beer for every time and place :mug:

My father talked about what church was like when he was a kid. He was Catholic and after Sunday mass everyone would go the basement of the church and there was a huge pot-luck type meal and they were served beer to drink. Granted, it was small beer, but it was still beer. 3% stuff, but good tasty beer.

I can't help but think that if this was still a common practice today, more people would be going to church.

My father talked about what church was like when he was a kid. He was Catholic and after Sunday mass everyone would go the basement of the church and there was a huge pot-luck type meal and they were served beer to drink. Granted, it was small beer, but it was still beer. 3% stuff, but good tasty beer.

I can't help but think that if this was still a common practice today, more people would be going to church.

Doing it true Catholic style :tank:
! It's cool, I grew up Catholic, I can make that joke :p

We went to high mass every Sunday while the meat & stuff roasted in the oven. Then watched polka varieties while mom finished dinner. She was Slovak, so it fit for her. We never had potlucks after mass. Then maybe a cold beer when we got home & changed.

Just from the community alone. The beer would just be a bonus.

I don't get being so offended by Coors Light, or any other light beer. It's as innoffensive a beverage as possible, on purpose. The flavor profile is non-existant. Sex in a canoe if you get the drift.

I don't know. I'm convinced Coors Light gives me a sore throat.

Budweiser gives me headaches.

It makes me progressively sicker for each day I drink one. I don't know why, but it does. My father had the same problem. It's not just Budweiser that does this either. Home brewed beer has never made us sick.

dining at an italian restaurant in vegas, guy behind me trying to order a beer says, "no, no, i dont like ipa's." Waiter says, " well weve got stella, or a pale ale", "no I dont like ales and pale ales, maybe a dos equis" yep we have that.. Bugger should of just had a wine..

At the sharks game last night 2 guys discussing the beer options a conversation I was trying to ignore but nearly choked when I hear one of them call Gordon Biersch, Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas local only micro brews. Well at least they are not buying into the BMC commercials.

:mug:

So I dropped off some homebrew to some guys at work. It was a red hefe for the upcoming super bowl. It was originally made for my wife but she didn't like. Gave one to Tom. A week later i asked him if he liked it. "I would but I'm afraid I'll go blind. " I had to explain the going blind is if you distill wrong and that's why its illegal. The worst thing about homebrew Is that you'll like it and won't be able to get it again unless you brew yourself.

So I dropped off some homebrew to some guys at work. It was a red hefe for the upcoming super bowl. It was originally made for my wife but she didn't like. Gave one to Tom. A week later i asked him if he liked it. "I would but I'm afraid I'll go blind. " I had to explain the going blind is if you distill wrong and that's why its illegal. The worst thing about homebrew Is that you'll like it and won't be able to get it again unless you brew yourself.

It's illegal because of taxes...

Yesterday at a chain restaurant in Denver, wasn't anything that was said but done.

Bartender was pouring a Coors Light holding the tap by the base. When he went to close the tap he hit the top of the handle rather hard. Causing the tap handle to fly backwards and hit the wall.

It immediately bounced and opened the tap. Beer everywhere.

Lesson: Don't try to look like a bad ass when pouring beer.

Back