Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell franks setup looks better than mine. Sure every thing seems to be hooked up wrong but I'm still working with equipment I built before I really had a clue, like the five gallon water cooler I thought hey five gallons for a five gallon batch will work perfect. And the turkey fryer port and burner, like 7 gallons hell I'll never have a boil over. I built so much crap that now I've got to replace a piece at a time between every brew day, I'd take his setup and be three step closer than I am now. Not sure what I'd do with a still pot though, maybe make some flavor extracts.

Dude, I didn't get three slides in before I hit sarcasm overload. Please tell me you didn't think they were serious?

No, of course not. I found it funny.

However, most cultures around the world don't get American sarcasm.

Some school kid half way around the world is probably using it as a source for his paper on American tourists in his town of Somewhere, Some Country.

I think that article might be satire...

Sure is.

Grand Central Station. Michael Jordan's. One bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. $9.00.

Right. Not funny.

Might be funny for you:

Brews + Madden = ruined season

Brews + Skyrim = ruined sleep schedule.
It is what it is.

(From a guy who is a major threat on WoW AND LoL...)
Out geeked, I was.

Something my SWIMBO said the other day: "Can you believe I used to love supper hoppy beers like Fat tire"

Face palm. Her old friends were idiots, I'm working on getting her into good beer now. And better informed.

No, of course not. I found it funny.

However, most cultures around the world don't get American sarcasm.

Some school kid half way around the world is probably using it as a source for his paper on American tourists in his town of Somewhere, Some Country.

Sure is.

It is my experience that some cultures if anything are quicker to get satire, although that varies more by individual than culture (seems to me).

Something my SWIMBO said the other day: "Can you believe I used to love supper hoppy beers like Fat tire"

Face palm. Her old friends were idiots, I'm working on getting her into good beer now. And better informed.

My SWMBO always tells the story of how in Highschool/college she & friends would only drink Killians, because the rich kids would buy the kegs for the keg party & the rich kids only bought the fancy beer.

before you flame on, this was over 20 years ago and she is from a cow town. So I am surprised the distributor bothered to stock kegs considering they probably had to cart them in on horse back!

My SWMBO always tells the story of how in Highschool/college she & friends would only drink Killians, because the rich kids would buy the kegs for the keg party & the rich kids only bought the fancy beer.

before you flame on, this was over 20 years ago and she is from a cow town. So I am surprised the distributor bothered to stock kegs considering they probably had to cart them in on horse back!

Hell, in high school a keg of Keystone Light cost $65, while Ziegen Bock cost $68. The next cheapest keg was almost $100, which I think was Dos XX, Bud Lite was like $120. We drank a lot of Keystone and Ziegen.

A few pages back some folks were claiming that the dude who was acting surprised that there were tons of calories in alcohol and in beer was just joking and those who couldn't tell were just not good at telling humor, but I've met tons of people who have assumed that alcohol has no calories (or very few) and that if they wanted to lose weight, they should stop drinking beer and should start drinking whiskey.

My ex-girlfriend from a couple years ago once started a diet by switching to just drinking lots of shochu (and soju) and beer. She acted really surprised when I told her that they actually have quite a few calories and after that she would just shrug and be like "Sure, they have some calories, but not that much." As you can imagine, she completely failed to lose any weight (not that she was heavy-set or anything. She weighed around 115 pounds, but the point is that she STAYED around 115 pounds during the entire duration of her "diet").

I was just told that lambic and mead are the exact same thing.

I'm surprised that someone that ignorant would even know the word "lambic."

Saw this while reading the comments on the article (http://www.cnbc.com/id/102341790) about Lagunitas suing SN over their new IPA label. HBT discussion is here

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/copyright-ipa-512184/

Untitled.png

Hell, in high school a keg of Keystone Light cost $65, while Ziegen Bock cost $68. The next cheapest keg was almost $100, which I think was Dos XX, Bud Lite was like $120. We drank a lot of Keystone and Ziegen.

In college we bought alot of Keystone, partially because of the "bottled beer taste in a can", but mostly because 30 packs were less than $15.
Split 3 ways, a deck of cards and chugging (mostly so we did not have to really taste it) and it is no wonder it took me 8 years to finish college.

Saw this while reading the comments on the article (http://www.cnbc.com/id/102341790) about Lagunitas suing SN over their new IPA label. HBT discussion is here

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/copyright-ipa-512184/

In my experiences, more like people who don't drink very often going out on weekends & getting hammered doing the killing. Not used to how they'll react behind the wheel when buzzed. Dito with teens, only worse, the situation being compounded with raging hormones.

Agreed, I have never been likened to a terrorist before. Except for that one time I said terrorist instead of tourist. Especially since it is just because I drink beer. What about wine?

Wine is for girls, terrorists aren't girls.

Agreed, I have never been likened to a terrorist before. Except for that one time I said terrorist instead of tourist. Especially since it is just because I drink beer. What about wine?

Seriously. You have one picture taken drinking a beer with an AK-47 propped up against the wall in the background, and everyone gets the wrong impression.

Wine is for cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Still have the funnel?

Over the years they got moldy and replaced. Eventually when I turned 30 I could not justify building another one. Now that I am 40 I could not bring myself to have to explain to my kids the purpose of the funnel!

Over the years they got moldy and replaced. Eventually when I turned 30 I could not justify building another one. Now that I am 40 I could not bring myself to have to explain to my kids the purpose of the funnel!

Just point them to the Jackass 2 scene entitled: Butt chug.

Then you don't have to explain.

Back