Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 239669

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Haha, this is the one I have on my fridge:
I_56a8ff_1321949.jpg

I was at the LS last night. Heard some fella say that if you cut the top off a Guinness and turned it up-side down it would fall out like cranberry sauce. What a moe-ron.

I didn't say anything though. He was all tatted up and looked like a bad ass.

Man, how can someone be into FLAVOR so much that they make a mean bbq, but drink american lager and believe there is a taste difference based on can size?!? Give that man a homebrew!

Yep. The manliest men have the daintiest pallet. I must be a ***** since I can taste stuff.

A high school kid asked his teacher what kind of beer he drinks, the teacher says IPA's and goes on to explain that they are pale hoppy beers. The kid says "what? It's pale? Why don't you drink a manly beer like Shiner Bock!"

That kid was me, about 12 years ago.

A high school kid asked his teacher what kind of beer he drinks, the teacher says IPA's and goes on to explain that they are pale hoppy beers. The kid says "what? It's pale? Why don't you drink a manly beer like Shiner Bock!"

That kid was me, about 12 years ago.

At the grocery store tonight and the checkout guy says, "oh, what kind of Fat Tire are you getting!?" (Rampant DIPA...) I proceed to tell him it is the Double IPA, and without pause he follows with, "have you tried their winter beer, it has all kinds of grapefruits in it!"
Me: "No, but I'll have to take a look next time..." (all the while thinking "does New Belgium really have a new winter beer? That sounds like an awesome hop profile!")

Stone and Widmer both did limited-release grapefruit IPAs in the last couple years, they were both pretty tasty, so, maybe it's a thing?

Haha, this is the one I have on my fridge:
I_56a8ff_1321949.jpg

like, and i guess on a related note when people say "you drink too much". though this may sound as if i'm in denial, i'm actually quite conscious of my health. while i definitely enjoy having a tasty beer daily, they are often below 5% alcohol, preferably homebrewed with just grain and i eat a balanced meal before drinking. so yes, the answer should be what is written in the second panel.

Man, how can someone be into FLAVOR so much that they make a mean bbq, but drink american lager and believe there is a taste difference based on can size?!? Give that man a homebrew!

This one is simple. The smaller can stays cold until it's empty. Less flavor. The 12 oz warms up and by the end, it tastes different/"worse." Over time, he has come to believe that one tastes better.

This one is simple. The smaller can stays cold until it's empty. Less flavor. The 12 oz warms up and by the end, it tastes different/"worse." Over time, he has come to believe that one tastes better.

This is probably one of the funniest and most accurate things posted in the entire thread. :)

I've been a beer geek for a while, and started homebrewing about 3 months ago, so, naturally, I catch myself talking "to much" about beer. The other day my workmate (a bmc drinker that considers Guinness to be "so heavy and bitter) told me that I "ruined beer for him because he was having a MGD and couldn't find any flavor in it".
I laughed. He also could not understand why Red Stripe is not brewed in Jamaica. :p

Thermodynamics derail...anyone? No?

Yeah, me neither. :cross:

My boss is a Yuengling lover. When I started brewing, I showed him pics of the IIPA that me and my friends brewed and he wanted to try it. He liked it and was surprised of the "grapefruity" tastes. So I recommended him Cigar City Jai Alai. He said it has to much flavor and ruined the taste of the Yuengling he had afterwards... :mad:

My boss is a Yuengling lover. When I started brewing, I showed him pics of the IIPA that me and my friends brewed and he wanted to try it. He liked it and was surprised of the "grapefruity" tastes. So I recommended him Cigar City Jai Alai. He said it has to much flavor and ruined the taste of the Yuengling he had afterwards... :mad:

Awesome. He should maybe stop and think about what happened?

I was chatting with some good ol boys down at the plumbing supply store and they were regaling me with stories of their beer drinking days (well, their previous beer drinking days. I am fairly certain that at least one of them was having a beer drinking day right then and there!)

He claimed the kegged beer gave worse hangovers because of the formaldehyde they put in the kegs as a preservative. He was dead serious.

I've been a beer geek for a while, and started homebrewing about 3 months ago, so, naturally, I catch myself talking "to much" about beer. The other day my workmate (a bmc drinker that considers Guinness to be "so heavy and bitter) told me that I "ruined beer for him because he was having a MGD and couldn't find any flavor in it".

Ditto here. I've effectively ruined my wife and father in law's taste for sub par beer.

Still working on my side of the family :ban:

Ditto here. I've effectively ruined my wife and father in law's taste for sub par beer.

Still working on my side of the family :ban:

I have just the opposite, No matter how many IPA's I give my father he still buys only Labatt Blue or Yuenling.

He knows the difference between good whiskey and cheap whiskey
He prefers Titleist over Top Flight
Porche over Ford
but still only drinks Labatt Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

Awesome. He should maybe stop and think about what happened?

I was chatting with some good ol boys down at the plumbing supply store and they were regaling me with stories of their beer drinking days (well, their previous beer drinking days. I am fairly certain that at least one of them was having a beer drinking day right then and there!)

He claimed the kegged beer gave worse hangovers because of the formaldehyde they put in the kegs as a preservative. He was dead serious.

How old was he? Maybe 70 years ago they did something stupid like that.

He also could not understand why Red Stripe is not brewed in Jamaica. :p

Red Stripe's not brewed in Jamaica?

(Looks it up on Wikipedia)

Well how about that. Red Stripe distributed in the US is brewed in the US. Red Stripe for everywhere else, however, is indeed still brewed in Jamaica. But I'd hardly say that such obscure trivia is common knowledge.

Supposedly they gave the soldiers in Vietnam a lot worse than that.

I did a bit of looking up and it appears that Chinese beer makers have used formaldehyde as recently as a few years ago (clarifying agent??) and some probably still do. It probably DID happen some years ago in the US now that I've read up on it, but probably not for a long time. I'm guessing this guy is about 60 or so.

FIL was in Vietnam and he said they used to get Vietnamese beer call 88 (or 33??) and it was pronounced "Bah Mooy Bah" but the soldiers all called it bombitty bomb.

FIL was in Vietnam and he said they used to get Vietnamese beer call 88 (or 33??) and it was pronounced "Bah Mooy Bah" but the soldiers all called it bombitty bomb.[/QUOTE]

I've had '33'... tastes like BMC.

Had a friend over recently that is as much (or more) into "craft beers" as I am, told me I'm not a true beer connoisseur because I put away a 30 pack of Busch Light a week.

I told him I was a connoisseur, but I'm also an alcoholic... ended that conversation pretty quick.

My blood boils whenever that "woman" does an "investigation".

Watch out she has "her investigations" laid out for January, according to her Face book page

:p

The only thing that needs to be investigated is her quack investigations.

According to food babe, there are lots of beers with formaldehyde!

Does she mention that formaldehyde occurs naturally in pears, bananas, potatoes, carrots, and a whole bunch of other food plants?

Latest posts

Back