FTSS connections for chiller coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewswithshoes

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to connecting up my glycol chiller to the FTSS coil. Wondering how folks handle the on/off of the tubing connections? I can surely just pull these off the coil whenever I move the conical but there has to be a preferred or better way. Maybe some inline plugs/clips?

Would like to understand what others may use.
07869299-FEA5-4D6E-B265-9C2113B76B85.jpeg

I just bought a glycol chiller for my two SS Brewtech 7 gallon conicals and ended up buying these: FTSs | Quick Disconnect Kit I couldn't be happier. I ended up buying two sets so I could permanently mount short lengths of tubing from the coils to the disconnects and from the chiller to another set of disconnects. I then have long lengths of tubing that have disconnects at both ends. That way, I can disconnect the long tubing from the chiller to each conical whenever I need to move, fill or clean a fermenter. Note the disconnnects are leak proof. That way, when they are disconnected, they don't leak glycol (well they leak a few drops when first disconnnected).

With hindsight, I don't think I needed the extra set of disconnects. I should have attached the long length of hose permanently to the chiller and only had disconnects close to the fermenters, because I don't move the chiller. The hose "insulation" is nice as well.

Wow. Those look awesome. I'm not sure how i missed seeing those on the SS Brewtech site. (Well, actually i do know as i can't ever seem to navigate the accessories section very well :oops:)

Glad you posted the link. I think i am going to order a set as that is exactly what I was looking for.

Back