Ft. Myers Vacation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunDadRun

Reaction score
I am heading to Ft. Myers/Fape Coral area for a week from the Midwest. Besides buying as much cigar city as I can find....I there anything notable in the beer world to check out? Breweries, bottle shops, bars, or regionally available brands I may not be aware of?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, RunDadRun,

In Ft Myers you might want to check out Bury Me Brewing, Point Ybel, Ft Myers Brewing Company. A little north in Punta Gorda there's Fat Point Brewing. A little south in Naples there's Naples Beach Brewery and Riptide Brewery.

I've had a good selection from these breweries and all were pretty good. Good luck and have fun.

Besides beer, the islands off the coast there are a lot of fun. Family and I have spent many summers on Sanibel and Captiva. Ding Darling preserve on Sanibel has kayak tours that are fun for the family if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Visiting my folks in November. Planning on hitting Bury Me Brewing. Also taking a boat ride on the Sanibel Thriller!

Enjoy your trip.

Hi, RunDadRun,

In Ft Myers you might want to check out Bury Me Brewing, Point Ybel, Ft Myers Brewing Company. A little north in Punta Gorda there's Fat Point Brewing. A little south in Naples there's Naples Beach Brewery and Riptide Brewery.

I've had a good selection from these breweries and all were pretty good. Good luck and have fun.

I visited that area in April and had lots of great beer while down there. My first stop in Naples was at Momentum Brewhouse where I had a chance to sit and sample beers with Brian Hahn the owner and brewmaster. He's a passionate homebrewer turned pro brewer and has a very solid lineup of beers.

Unfortunately the Bury Me Brewing brewery wasn't up and running in Ft. Meyers yet, we were told, but we did get to have some great beers at Ft. Meyers Brewing. I've been visiting Naples Beach Brewing for three years now and their new expansion is pretty impressive when you consider they first opened brewing on a one barrel system. Owner and head brewmaster Will Lawson couldn't be any happier, their beers are on tap in many locations these days too.

So many beer.....so little time.

Latest posts

Back