Freezing a keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dionbill

Reaction score
So, for the 2nd or 3rd time, I've frozen a keg. Not solid but slushy. Every time, I've had to dump it because it flocculates. This one was no different as I just pored a glass and nothing but solids flowing in it. So my first quest is, what is this solid? Secondly, is there anything I can do to save it? I ask because this was a brand new batch that I took a glass of last night to test and it was awesome! I was pretty stoked, and then this morning was pissed to think that I might have to dump it. Any suggestions, and thoughts? Thanks gang!

Dion

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'd bring it to room temp, hit it with gelatin and then chill it back down for a week. Good luck.

I've never heard of that method but after looking it up I think I'll give it a try. Do you get this stuff at a grocery store or brew store? Any idea what the floc actually is? Thanks again.

Dion

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back