Four Peaks bought by Annheiser Busch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news. I'm sure they won't be the last one either.

It may sound strange but I refuse to buy beer owned by macro labels, and the list is growing. In that light, I truly enjoyed my very last 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin, it was a great memory.

they bought my favorite brewery (10 Barrels) last year and I was pretty bummed also and vowed to not drink it any more...but I do, often.

Sad news. I'm sure they won't be the last one either.

It may sound strange but I refuse to buy beer owned by macro labels, and the list is growing. In that light, I truly enjoyed my very last 6 pack of Grapefruit Sculpin, it was a great memory.

I'll keep as much of my money in my state as possible. That's why I don't support Macro. The micros need my money more than the macros do.

I have problems with A-B/InBev due to their tactics in trying to keep craft beers off the shelves.

I will happily drink Ballast point beers - if someone else is buying them. It isn't any politics, just the high prices.

:)

I discovered two cans of Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter in my keezer. I drank one last night. Who knows when I'll get to the second one, but I'll cherish it.

Agreed, no more 4P for me...very unfortunate but I will not knowingly spend one cent on an AB Inbev product. Really sucks because 4P was my 'go-to' brand.

Is that any macro or just InBev/A-B (maybe even Miller-Coors too)?

I don't like InBev/A-B and Miller-Coors is "meh" (I still like Blue Moon, but there's options on that). What about Lagunitas? Would Heineken count on that since they merged? What about Sam Adams? Are they the 4th largest brewery now? I guess the main things I'm asking is, where does one draw the line and where could one go to find out who's owned by who?

I agree about local. Chattanooga Brewing Co is my favorite in my neck of the woods among TN brewers, but it's been local for the out of state ones too (Schlafly, Sweetwater, Red Brick, to name a few)

wow I was just there last week, once for afternoon beers and dinner with some buddies, great beers! too bad they got sucked into the empire

Back