The Montreal Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolling into town with the lady oct12-15ish and have some very specific food questions.
She’s vegetarian and lactose intolerant... and I’m a hungry hungry hippo where would y’all point us for foodstuffs. I’ll eat just about anything so her food specific stuff is greatly appreciated.

In general, you shouldn't have any problem to get vegetarien & without lactose dishes in most restaurant in the list on the first page and in most restaurants arround town.

Lola Rosa is great, cheap and good stuff. Quite busy usually, though, so you need to plan for it. Nothing fancy, just good vegetarian food.

Other than that, Lov Restaurant is quite nice. I think Bonnys Vegetarien & Organic Cuisine is now close, but you can check to see (Google says its closed, but their website seems to be still up?)

La Panthère Verte is good if you're on the road and need something quick.

All good options!

Anywhere in town just nailing it with pilsners and lagers? Other old, underrated traditional styles?

Anywhere in town just nailing it with pilsners and lagers? Other old, underrated traditional styles?
Isle de Garde are doing some crazy good lagers right now, you might want to pop in to Harricana as well. Both places will have a good variety of beers but they are doing what I consider the best lagers in Montreal. L'Amere a Boire is probably another place you might enjoy though their beers are just ok in my opinion.

Other than that I suggest hitting the Pit Caribou pub and Vices & Versa for various wild or hoppy offerings. Solid chance of lambic at both locations

Was just in town last weekend and ended up hitting Dieu Du Ciel 3x. They have some solid summer taps on right now: http://dieuduciel.com/en/montreal-brewpub/

Random side note, it was crazy how the first sip of Solstice d’été instantly reminded me of Atrial.

Back