• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

San Antonio - HomeBrew setup part out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfoos

Reaction score
Yeah sorry that I haven't really been a contributing member. I've used the site like crazy, but at the same time married life and multiple deployments meant I had to budget my time. Maybe I effed up and its why I'm getting divorced now. Who knows. Regardless, when you walk through fire a few parts get burned off. Brewing is one of them. Seems me + war + alcohol + marriage = volatility. So I'm left with me now since the rest burned off. Not a sob story, just a story.

Right, if my prices are off, let me know. I'm simply going by what I invested and a quick market survey. I will ship what I can, but obviously the big stuff is prohibitive to ship. Regardless, I'll ship what I can since its your dime.

Here we go. I have this up on craigslist as well which is why the ad is a little snarky. Hate CL flakers.
Contact details:
Phone = (210) 610-7654 (burner set up specifically for this sale)
Or PMs through the site.

OK, here we go. It is with a heavy heart that I am getting out of the brewing scene/hobby thing for a while. So I am going to part with my entire setup, both in pieces or as a the whole shooting match. If you want all of it, add it up and hit me with something reasonable and we're in business. Obviously it's easier for everyone if this all goes at once. I don't think it will because it's a pretty big bite for someone starting out, but you'll save a grip of cash if you do it all right now with my stuff. Quality kit here. I invested way more than I'm asking - as is usually the case with hobbies. It was fun though. Brewed for six years. Pretty good run.

First things first. I don't want to trade.

Anything. Well, almost anything. A running, clean-titled motorcycle might sway my opinion a little. Regardless. I don't want a broke down ATV or your POS truck. I don't want a mangy hound dog. Can't say I want a game system, slightly used stereo, or six hours with your not-so-significant other either. You offer me money, we agree on price, set up time and place (public) to meet, we exchange brewing stuff for money and we're all happy. I shouldn't have to state this in the ad but #craigslist.

Right, so lets talk about what I have. In short, a complete all-grain brewing setup (gravity-fed), a keezer kegerator with two taps that's functional but not pretty, bottles for days, and so on. And on to the details.

Brewing Setup -

1. Burner sold

2. Keggle sold

3. One (1) Stainless steel 40qt pot with stainless welded fittings, valve, thermometer, lid. Used as an HLT. - $100
- All fittings welded by me again

4. One (1) Copper immersion chiller with garden hose ends. Dual coil, super efficient. Yes I made this too. - $50

5. One (1) Fermenter's Favorite 10-gallon mash tun with stainless false bottom and valve. Big one. I've done 25-pound grain bills in this monster. - $100

6. Speidel sold

7. Two (2) Better Bottle 5.5 gallon plastic ferementers - $25 total

8. Big Mouth sold

9. One (1) 7-gallon bottling bucket with lid and spigot - $5

10. All the hoses, rubber stoppers, at least five airlocks, an auto siphon, 2x bottling canes, beer thief, big stainless spoon, carboy brushes, and everything else you need to go right to brewing. I'll take reasonable offers on this stuff.

11. DIY'd stir plate with stir bar. Nicely done, almost don't want to get rid of it. You can print out a different picture and put it in there if you don't like the one I took and printed. $30

12. Five (5) handmade (me again) stackable wooden bottle cases that hold twelve (12) 16-22 ounce bottles. These are currently filled with empty bottles, but one may be full.... There are three cases of hefe weissen style 16 ounce bottles, one case of 16 ounce similar to hefe weissen style, and one of 22-ounce bombers. Plus a cardboard box of 16-ounce bottles. $20 each, all for $90

13. Misc. bottling stuff. A capper, a bunch of caps, carboy drying stand, bottle drying tree, little hangy labels, some StarSan, a Brix refractometer and some other little things. Some misc brewing ingredients like a four-pack of Fast Pitch, Irish Moss, and some other rando. I'll take reasonable offers on this stuff too.

Kegging Stuff - $300, no kegs.

1. A newer (less than one year) Magic Chef chest freezer converted into a keezer. Has a 120mm fan inside to circulate air to maintain temps. Fit's two corny kegs and the standard five-pound CO2 tank inside.
- Custom made (me again) pipe fitting, two-tap tower. Loaded with chrome plated Perlick forward sealing faucets and some sweet tap handles. Comes with the stainless drip tray and Inkbird temp controller. A lot of extra parts (wrench, brushes, keg fittings, etc). The CO2 bottle is empty. CO2 bottle and regulator are part of the deal as well. So that's the keezer, taps and tower, CO2 bottle, regulator, and temp controller. Plus that sweet crate facade thing I made for it but never finished if you want it.

IMG_20180106_102153-X2.jpg

IMG_20180106_103752-X2.jpg

IMG_20180106_104510-X2.jpg

Keggle and paddle sold
IMG_20180106_105042-X2.jpg

burner sold
IMG_20180106_105631-X2.jpg

keggle sold
IMG_20180106_105759-X2.jpg

Kegs sold
IMG_20180106_110202-X2.jpg

IMG_20180106_110346-X2.jpg

IMG_20180106_110450-X2.jpg

One case o' bottles sold.
IMG_20180106_110609-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Right, so I can't edit anything.

Burner sold.
Keggle sold.
Erlenmeyer flask sold - still have stir plate.
Mash paddle sold.

Responded to PM. Post updated. Some local yokels coming to look at stuff tonight. Moving this stuff out.

Evening update. More stuff sold. Ad reflects changes.

Last edited:
Edit function is gone again. Oh well. Nothing is selling here anyway. Here's the update of what's left.

1. Burner sold

2. Keggle sold

3. One (1) Stainless steel 40qt pot with stainless welded fittings, valve, thermometer, lid. Used as an HLT. - $100
- All fittings welded by me again

4. One (1) Copper immersion chiller with garden hose ends. Dual coil, super efficient. Yes I made this too. - $50

5. One (1) Fermenter's Favorite 10-gallon mash tun with stainless false bottom and valve. Big one. I've done 25-pound grain bills in this monster. - $100

6. Speidel sold

7. Two (2) Better Bottle 5.5 gallon plastic ferementers - $25 total

8. Big Mouth Sold

9. One (1) 7-gallon bottling bucket with lid and spigot - $5

10. Auto siphon, 2x bottling canes, beer thief, big stainless spoon, carboy brushes still available. $30 for all. The other little stuff is gone.

11. Stir plate sold.

12. Five (5 - one sold) handmade (me again) stackable wooden bottle cases that hold twelve (12) 16-22 ounce bottles. These are currently filled with empty bottles, but one may be full.... There are three cases of hefe weissen style 16 ounce bottles, one case of 16 ounce similar to hefe weissen style, and one of 22-ounce bombers. Plus a cardboard box of 16-ounce bottles. $20 each, all for $110

13. Carboy drying stand, bottle drying tree, a Brix refractometer - Offers.

Keezer - $300 for the whole shooting match.

Back