Found: 32qt Brew pot 19.99 Free shipping!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my pot this weekend and boiled 6 gallons of water last night to set the oxide level. It look around an hour to get a roiling boil. Would using the pipe insulation be safe with a propane burner? The pot is the same size diameter as my burner, so there is no way the flame would go up the sides.

When I had the pot on the burner, I could see the shape of the burner stand on the inside of the pot. It was like it was burned into the bottom, but just on the inside. Is this normal?
Mine did the same thing and still works fine. It looks kind of weird because I use an electric coil element so there are rings.

I was in my local Target store earlier today looking for a pressure cooker. I noticed they had about 4 of these in there on the shelf at the same $19.99 price.

Any long term reviews on this pot. Have they taken a year of abuse without the handles falling off or breaking. Thanks.

I bought this exact pot for this price from Kmart about 1.5 years ago. 20 batches in, I've dropped and dented the lid some, dropped the pot and dented the bottom some, but it's still going strong.

Dropping it dents it pretty severely, but otherwise I haven't had any problems at all.

Any long term reviews on this pot. Have they taken a year of abuse without the handles falling off or breaking. Thanks.

Very good. Been using it for about a year as an electric brew kettle. My configuration relies on the handles to support the weight of the pot and it's contents throughout the whole brewing process, and I haven't had any problems.

Also, the steamer shelf is a real bonus for me. I've cut it a little, bent the edges down to the bottom and use it as a guard so I don't melt my nylon strainer when I do Brew in a Bag mashes.

I was in my local Target store earlier today looking for a pressure cooker. I noticed they had about 4 of these in there on the shelf at the same $19.99 price.

You are lucky to get 1 of these on a 22 inch shelf. We have to stock them on the basedeck just to get them to fit anyhow.

Very good. Been using it for about a year as an electric brew kettle. My configuration relies on the handles to support the weight of the pot and it's contents throughout the whole brewing process, and I haven't had any problems.

Also, the steamer shelf is a real bonus for me. I've cut it a little, bent the edges down to the bottom and use it as a guard so I don't melt my nylon strainer when I do Brew in a Bag mashes.

Can you post some pictures? I keep looking at these and am thinking that this would be the greatest pot for a beginner... $20 for an 8 gallon pot.

I bought one and then returned it. When I filled it up to 7 gallons, water leaked out of the rivets. I read you can hammer the rivets to seal them better, but I decided to get a different pot anyways from sams club.

60Qts for $53 (including shipping and tax)
40qt was $42

I just checked sams club website and it seams they have raised the prices. I was kind of wondering why my 60 qt pot was cheaper than the 50 qt pot when I ordered mine last week??

Back