whirlpool 4.3 minifridge for 149.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
target has 4.3 whirlpool for 150 with free shipping

i converted this into a mini kegerator for 2.5 gal kegs without any mods and i know you can make it into a full size with cutting if that's what you are into.

this is a good deal as i havent seen 4.3 for less than $200 in two years or so ,

https://www.target.com/p/whirlpool-...V4vHjBx3vFw7qEAQYASABEgLEkvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

this is my 4.3 crammed with one 2.5 gallon keg two 1.2 gallon kegs and two .5 gallon kegs and a soda stream canister . it required no bending cutting or modifying in any way

i know they are obviously cheaper on craigslist etc but brand new is nice and the bigger 4.3 dorm fridges are harder to find

Attachments

• 1692889073211.png
    1692889073211.png
    577.8 KB · Views: 0
That is a pretty good deal for new. I just took my brothers old 4.4 cu and cut the shelving off the door to make it a fermenter cooler. Cutting the stuff off the door was a bit more of a chore than I thought it was going to be, but so far it fits my bucket fermenter perfect. I would say for the price, it is a good deal either way. Nice find.

https://www.target.com/p/midea-4-4-cu-ft-compact-refrigerator--no-aasa/-/A-88863490
this deal is even a little better
$139.99 plus tax with free shipping and it lacks the freezer section so there is more room

it is less eficient however and doesnt get as good energy ratings.
That looks identical to the 4.4 refrigerator only units that I have that were under the Danby name. I thought they were a good deal at $150 back then. If they are the same, once you remove the plastic junk on the back of the door, you can get a 7 gallon fermonster in there. You can also JUST fit two side by side ball lock corny kegs.

Hey Bobby that’s exactly the info I was looking for as I couldn’t find the dimensions of the interior anywhere.
thanks

I have the Danby version that I think is 4.3, definitely can’t fit two cornys because the temp controller eats a few inches of interior space
If it was just the temp controller and otherwise the two would fit, you could most likely rewire it to run off an external temperature controller (e.g. an Inkbird) if you wanted to after taking the internal one out.

Rewire as in wire it so the compressor is always on and then plug the fridge power into the cool side of an inkBird?
Yes that's the idea. I have done it twice now, on a mini-fridge and a wine chiller. You can alao adjust some of the settings on the Inkbird to avoid cycling the compressor in ways that may not be good for it. I'm not particularly knowledgeable on those to provide a recommendation but others on here are.

Another thing people do is to fine tune the fermentation process by providing a little heat but I haven't stepped up to doing it so can't describe that well either.

Back