Forgot to Stabilise and Clear Port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCBrew

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Wine Experts Port going and forgot to add the next step to my calendar causing me to leave it sitting for over a month between the secondary fermentation and the stabilizing and clearing step. I am not ready to move on (too many wines and beers going) but am not sure if I should take any precautions to ensure I don't ruin the batch. Any advise is appreciated.

Hi,

I have a Wine Experts Port going and forgot to add the next step to my calendar causing me to leave it sitting for over a month between the secondary fermentation and the stabilizing and clearing step. I am not ready to move on (too many wines and beers going) but am not sure if I should take any precautions to ensure I don't ruin the batch. Any advise is appreciated.

That's fine- it can't sit too long as long as it's topped up. If you have a lot of headspace, then either degas or top up, and it will be fine until you have time to deal with it.

I was going to do it today? Just was not sure if I needed to add anything else to ensure it clears properly. Thanks.

Back