Foam...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlspeed

Reaction score
I think I kicked my keg a few days ago. Everything turned to foam over night. One night I was playing some Modern Warfare with a pitcher, and the next day I went to fill up a glass and it was pure foam. I figured that the keg just finally went, but I was a bit suspicious since I only had about 110 beers out of it. Certainly my estimate could be off by a bit I figured. I weighed the empty half barrel and it was about 57lbs. That's about 20 lbs more than what it seems like the empty keg by itself should weigh. Is the extra weight the foam? Or is there something wrong with my system and that's why I'm not able to get the rest of the beer out of the system. System is still at about 10psi, and 34°.

It sounds like you may have a clog. If you kicked the keg, you'd be spraying foam and co2, not pouring foam. Try pulling apart your coupler and cleaning it.

So, upon further inspection, I realized that the bottom part of the beer froze one night when it hit 31°. I guess I'll keep the keg a bit higher temp so it doesn't happen anymore.

Back