FNG from Olympia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenc2010

Reaction score
Hellooo fellow beer lovers. Another thirsty new guy who'll be asking noob questions & belching a lot. Not to worry all you brew masters, I did read the first timer FAQ's and printed out a big chunk of "How To Brew", so I'll try to do some research before I ask.

Just brewed my first batch on Saturday (a Nut Brown) and can't wait to see how it came out. Naturally I already made a few mistakes, but nothing major, so it should be tasty. Already itching to get a second carboy so I can get another one started!

Slainte!

It's bottling night in Oly! **** then I gotta wait another 3 weeks! I guess it'll be my Christmas present to myself. 3 weeks in primary at 65 to 70 degrees, it seems ready to go. Tastes pretty good, hopefully this Nut Brown will be even better chilled & bubbly.

Well the jury is still out on my Nut Brown. After about 19 days in bottle, I've got no carbonation at all and a strange aftertaste that I wasn't expecting. I'll give it another week and taste another 12 ouncer. To ease my worried mind I think I'm going down to the Fish Tale Brew Pub & see what their seasonal offering tastes like. Happy Holidays!

Back