Flying Dog Brewery LLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
Flying Dog Brewery. I dig 'em. I just bought their mixed pack tonight and I like everything I've tried. I especially liked the Scottish Porter and The Hefeweizen. But seriously, they are all good. I also like their Barley Wine, which does not come in the mixed pack. It comes in 4-packs. Anyways, good stuff!
xbl4kz.jpg

I just realized my variety pack did not come with their IPA, which is pictured on the box... WTF???

That really sucks man. i was kinda looking for ward to it, the hop-head that I am!:(

Their IPA is awesome! My house beer! I love most everything Flying Dog has to offer. If you're a hop-head, seek out the Double Dog, their IIPA.

EDIT: What did it come with? Pale, Porter, Tire Bite (the only one I'm not too wild on), Hefe, Old Scratch, Dogtoberfest perhaps?

It came with the Classic Pale, Amber Lager, Golden Ale, Hef, and scottish porter.

Drank a lot of that when I lived in CO. Agreed - they do make some tasty brews. I don't see it too often down here, though.

I've only had the Classic Pale, and it was pretty good. I'm definitely going to have to pick up one of those big packs.

I like the in-heat-wheat, closer to a classic German hefe than most of the American micros tend to brew. Haven't tried the others.

Little known facts:

The guy that did illustrations for Hunter S. Thompson did the graphics for Flying Dog.

Flying Dog is owned by Coors, now I guess SABCoors.

I'm a fan of Flying Dog ass well. I picked up a 12 pack sampler a couple of months ago when I was in FL, but I haven't been able to find it here at home. Luckily, my local state store has plenty of Flying Dog in stock at all times.

I was just at the brewery. Hell, I went to the Zombie Night party behind it. $10 entry fee, and all the Flying Dog you could drink.....I know I ended up walking 26 blocks back to the hotel, I was fit shashed and left there about 230 am.....what a ball.

Any idea on where to find the mixed pack? My local bevmo has a few individual beers, such as the regular pale ale and tire bite, but none of the hefe's or anything else. That mixed pack looks great.

Flying Dog rocks. Brew Dude, check at the regular grocery store - thats where I get Flying Dog Classic Pale Ale, Old Scratch Amber Lager, and Snake Dog IPA.

I've never seen them in the local grocery store. Maybe I just haven't noticed it? I'll check it out. Thanks.

shafferpilot said:
I've had 'em all several times. VERY good stuff. BTW swmbo is freaked out by the graphicsLOL

ha...ralph steadman is a kick. You should check out "the grapes of ralph" and "America". He's on crack! I love it.

For people talking about the dogtoberfest, be forewarned that this sucker is MALTY and pretty sticky-sweet. I didn't care for it all that much but maybe it's just me.

I guess I'm the only one on here that doesn't care for Flying Dog beers. I think they're average at best. The only FD beer that I could finish was the Gonzo Imperial Porter.

Well I just went to BEVMO and they had the tire bite, scratch amber, road dog, classic pale ale, and the imperial porter. The imperial porter was 9.20 for a 4 pack!!!!!! The others were about 7.99 for a 6 pack. No sign of the Hefeweizen, however.

I can't find the sampler pack ANYWHERE in this area. Would anyone be willing to buy it and ship it to me? I realize it'd be hard to do. I'm just desperate to try this stuff.....

talleymonster said:
I just realized my variety pack did not come with their IPA, which is pictured on the box... WTF???

That really sucks man. i was kinda looking for ward to it, the hop-head that I am!:(

their IPA is great, i just enjoyed a sixer this weekend. i would have just been happy sticking my nose in the head, but i also wanted to catch a little buzz. very aromatic.

over the summer there was a SICK sale at one of the liquor stores i goto, $10.00 a CASE (24) for Tire Bite and Old Scratch. Needless to say i stocked up :drunk:

The Gonzo Imperial Porter is one of the best Imperial Stouts/Porters I have ever had. This particularly surprised me since I am not that big a fan of most of their other beers, but this one, MAN is it good.

I'm currently in contact with someone who works for Flying Dog. He's going to try to find a place nearby where I can pick up their beer.

Damn my bad luck.....got "forced" to goto a Flying Dog sponsored party at SXSW and they kept twisting my arm to drink their free beers all night long....It was horrid ;)

Brew Dude said:
Well I just went to BEVMO and they had the tire bite, scratch amber, road dog, classic pale ale, and the imperial porter. The imperial porter was 9.20 for a 4 pack!!!!!! The others were about 7.99 for a 6 pack. No sign of the Hefeweizen, however.

I can't find the sampler pack ANYWHERE in this area. Would anyone be willing to buy it and ship it to me? I realize it'd be hard to do. I'm just desperate to try this stuff.....

I'd be happy to do that. Just let me know if the distributor can't find any for ya.

Thanks Shafferpilot, the guy hasn't called me back or sent me a follow up email yet. I also called the primary California distributor (who won't sell to individuals, only retailers) and even they don't sell the mixed pack (although they sell most of the individual beers).

I'll let you know.

Orpheus said:
I actually prefer their Classic Pale Ale over their IPA. If you look at the bottles, the CPA is hoppier than their IPA.

The best beer I've tried from them is their Double Dog IIPA.

Really? The website lists the IBUs of Doggiestyle at 36 and Snake Dog at 48.

That is weird. Their pale is definitely on the hoppy-side, but so is the IPA. IPA is quite dry for the style though, I want to say...but I haven't had it in quite some time.

ColoradoX|13 said:
Flying Dog is owned by Coors.

Flying Dog is owned by Flying Dog Brewery which also owns Wild Goose Brewery and used to be Frederick Brewing company.

It's a local brewery for me. :)

Hmmm, I don't find the alcohol hot at all in the Gonzo, but it is quite possible I have become a bit immune to alcohol presence in beer.

Latest posts

Back