Flying Dog Brewery LLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the main guys from their brewery is going into a joint venture with a brewer here in Houston.... lets just say it is bringing another "major" player here in Texas. I can't say more but just be patient

I'm in houston and I reeeaaally like flying dog, I just hope they aren't partnering with st. arnolds. Every beer I've had of theirs had the same taste. It's like they're using the same yeast for every style, and it's really not that great. Flying dog's ipa on the other hand is pure grapefruit beer heaven.

I'm in houston and I reeeaaally like flying dog, I just hope they aren't partnering with st. arnolds. Every beer I've had of theirs had the same taste. It's like they're using the same yeast for every style, and it's really not that great. Flying dog's ipa on the other hand is pure grapefruit beer heaven.

OMG THANK YOU!!! I get into so many arguments about how St. Arnold's smells/tastes the same (with the exception of Devine/Moving Yeast Series) and get into verbal confrontations.... To be honest all Texas Craft Brew Does (except for each breweries "limited" beers). I was talking to one of the cicerones at Petrol Station and he knows the guy whom Flying Dog is going in with. It will be a Houston based brewery... apparently he said they already have the building and everything. He mentioned to me that there is "40 +" breweries said to come online.

Now this seems interesting since I'm in Houston. But on the St Arnolds topic I will only drink there Seasonals and the divine reserves. I did get a chance to taste the divine reserve 11 last week it's a double ipa very tasty it screams grapefruit!

OMG THANK YOU!!! I get into so many arguments about how St. Arnold's smells/tastes the same (with the exception of Devine/Moving Yeast Series) and get into verbal confrontations.... To be honest all Texas Craft Brew Does (except for each breweries "limited" beers). I was talking to one of the cicerones at Petrol Station and he knows the guy whom Flying Dog is going in with. It will be a Houston based brewery... apparently he said they already have the building and everything. He mentioned to me that there is "40 +" breweries said to come online.

Conroe's southern star isn't bad, at least not their pine belt ale, ( its the only one i've had ) I just cant justify 10$ for a 4 pack of 12 oz cans of their stout. Theres not even any bottles to re-use. Their blonde just doesn't seem worth buying either.

I wonder if this new brewery has anything to do with freetail in san antonio, I read some stuff about them looking at houston after 2 rows closed.

Conroe's southern star isn't bad, at least not their pine belt ale, ( its the only one i've had ) I just cant justify 10$ for a 4 pack of 12 oz cans of their stout. Theres not even any bottles to re-use. Their blonde just doesn't seem worth buying either.

I wonder if this new brewery has anything to do with freetail in san antonio, I read some stuff about them looking at houston after 2 rows closed.

Pine belt is $5 at Central Market :confused:

yeah and its in 16 oz cans, their stout on the other hand is 4 12oz's and that sucks

Found some stuff out about the flying dog brewery. Turns out one of the founders of flying dog is opening up a brewery in Houston called Karbach brewing. They have a location I do believe it's on the north west side in an old ben e Keith warehouse. They have two beer names trademarked already Hopadillo and Hop delusion. There looking to open this year. With No Label brewing, KrueZ creek brewing and freetail opening a brewpub the Houston beer scene is blowing up!

Found some stuff out about the flying dog brewery. Turns out one of the founders of flying dog is opening up a brewery in Houston called Karbach brewing. They have a location I do believe it's on the north west side in an old ben e Keith warehouse. They have two beer names trademarked already Hopadillo and Hop delusion. There looking to open this year. With No Label brewing, KrueZ creek brewing and freetail opening a brewpub the Houston beer scene is blowing up!

Thank you... I promised my source I wouldn't get into specifics. Lets hope Houston actually gets some beer that differentiates it self from everything else out there... exception being ones offs and No Label's offerings (which I am a huge fan of).

Back