flatlanders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzleldr

Reaction score
has anybody had a beer at flatlanders in ill.
a guy i went to school with is a brew master there.

I thought this was going to be a thread about Larry Niven's books. I was disappointed. And no, I've never been to flatlanders.

EvilTOJ said:
I thought this was going to be a thread about Larry Niven's books. I was disappointed. And no, I've never been to flatlander
s.
:off: Didn't Edwin Abbott (sp?) write a book called Flat Land? I'm pretty sure I have that sitting on a shelf in my living room.

I went to Flatlander's in Lincolnshire a few times when my wife was going to graduate school there. I can't say that there was anything necessarily bad about the place, but I will say that I was never overly impressed.

It seemed to me that the whole place was less than the sum of its parts. What I mean by that is that they seemed to have a lot going for them-- great location, nice building, excellent concept... but nothing was really special about it. Overpriced food, slow and not very friendly bartenders, beer that was forgetable (for lack of a better description-- I truly can't remember any of the beer I drank there).

On the other hand, I never really found anywhere else around there that was better.

Back