Ss brewtech conical heating pad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mggray87

Reaction score
They make a heating pad with a connector that goes to their own ftss controller system. Does anybody who has that heating pad, is it AC power or low voltage? I see they made a connector on it to go with the ftss. But I need that heating pad alone. Ill cut the connector and wire a normal wall plug if it's AC. But I can't find any info on it.

Does the ss heating pad do a good job on unitanks. I have 2 7g unitanks. It's that or brewbuilts 80watt when it's back in stock.

If you want an alternate heat mat, call up Keenovo, I used them to design a 120v heater for the SS Brewtech Mash tun that works way better. I'm fairly confident they are the OEM for SS.
That's a good one I have those for my 3d printers and they are great. And thought about a custom one. But for a conical with a odd shape I wouldn't even know where to begin how to measure and explain it to them with the cone curve haha. I already ordered ssbt ones. We'll see how they are. $50 wasn't bad. Compared to spikes

you measure the diameter of the bottom section of the cone you want covered, The diameter of the highest part you want covered, and the vertical rise between the two. When I say vertical rise I don't mean have the ruler parallel to the cone, have the measuring implement perpendicular to the floor. This is more than enough to figure out the cone section. (I used to design clamp on heat exchangers for industrial tanks)

Anything that will stop us from using a basic 12v 5amp dc power supply with the ss brewtech heat pad?

I feel the Touch FSTs is overpriced ($599 NZD) for a control unit.

I already have an inkbird heat controller and just need a conical heat pad

Anything that will stop us from using a basic 12v 5amp dc power supply with the ss brewtech heat pad?

I feel the Touch FSTs is overpriced ($599 NZD) for a control unit.

I already have an inkbird heat controller and just need a conical heat pad
No. I'm powering mine off of a 12v power supply switched on and off by the PLC. I would go higher than 60w (5amp) supply though, they typically don't cost much or any more.

Back