fixing CO2 leak in gas manifold ball valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnidelyWhiplash

Reaction score
I narrowed down a CO2 leak to a new gas manifold. one of the valves on it will hiss for a split second when opening or closing it, or if you push the lever at a 90 degree angle to the rotation direction.

pushing on the whole valve cylinder doesnt make any hiss, so it's not leaking in the tape threaded screw in connection to the manifold, or the hose barb attachment.

I also tried tightening the nut on top of the valve handle, but it doesnt seem to push the actual handle or valve in any more. anyone know if the valve can be fixed?

Did you ever fix this? I'm seeing similar behavior on my regulator shutoffs. I'm not sure if it's leaking but I'm concerned.

My valves ended up being fine, I had a small leak elsewhere that I fixed. So I'd say it's normal.

Mine does the same thing to. If you're concerned about it leaking try submerging it under water. If you get bubbles you gotta leak. Mine seems fine, it only "leaks" when I'm moving it.

Yeah I spray it with a starsan solution I have sitting around in a spray bottle to see if it is leaking. But hate having to check it every time I open and close it.

Back