First Time Kegger Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ueberdc4

Reaction score
I kegged for the first time yesterday. I checked it today and there appears to be beer in my beverage line. Should I be concerned?

You mean the liquid out line that goes to the picnic tap or shank? If so that is normal if you hooked it up already. As the pressure goes up in the keg some beer will be pushed into the line.

Thanks guys...so in the future should I not hook up the liquid out line until I'm ready to drink it or does it make any difference?

Thanks guys...so in the future should I not hook up the liquid out line until I'm ready to drink it or does it make any difference?

Doesn't make any difference, unless you accidently leave the faucet open and the beer drains out.

Oh, I don't mean you're that dumb, I was talking about someone else who shall remain nameless but lost 5 gallons of beer by sticking the keg ontop of the picnic faucet and walking away for a few days. The bottom of a kegerator CAN hold five gallons of flat beer, in case anybody was wondering. :drunk:

Doesn't make any difference, unless you accidently leave the faucet open and the beer drains out.

Oh, I don't mean you're that dumb, I was talking about someone else who shall remain nameless but lost 5 gallons of beer by sticking the keg ontop of the picnic faucet and walking away for a few days. The bottom of a kegerator CAN hold five gallons of flat beer, in case anybody was wondering. :drunk:

Hah, sounds like when someone I know that wasn't me cleaned their taps and didn't close one all the way. Well on their keezer, that looks a lot like mine, when open the taps point right at the face of whoever happens to be working on them.... yeah.

Oh, of course I wasn't talking about myself. It was a friend. Actually, it was a friend of a friend. But it wasn't me. I'm not that stupid. In fact, none of my friends are that stupid. That's right. It was a friend of a friend's friend, actually.

:D

Ha ha, yeah I already put a rubber band around the tap just in case my roommate decides he's thirsty or something.

Back