First of 2017 - GingerBread Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torilen

Reaction score
I picked up some ingredients almost a month ago, and FINALLY found the time to brewing. I have been planning an actual gingerbread beer...and so far, it tastes pretty good (before fermentation). Needs a little more fresh ginger next time I make it, but I don't think it will turn out too bad.

EDIT - One gallon batch...
2# Light LME
4oz brown sugar

Steeping Grains
1oz Crystal 60L
1oz Rolled Oats
1oz UK Chocolate
.5oz Roasted Barley

Spices
1oz Fresh Ginger, 50 minutes in boil (needs more...maybe 2oz)
.5oz ground Cinnamon, last 10 minutes of boil
.25 ground All Spice, last 10 minutes of boil

Hops
.2oz Whitbread Goldling, 60 minutes in boil
.2oz Whitbread Golding, last 10 minutes of boil

Yes, 1 gallon. I'll edit that above...sorry about that.
That's all I am able to make is one gallon batches. I don't have the room or equipment for larger boils, nor do I have the space for larger fermenters. It works for me, though. I'm able to make up to four gallons at a time right now...five if I can ever get this fifth fermenter cleaned up (long story there). But, I do have room for the four 1 gallon carboys, so I can make up to four drinks at once...all different if I want. I like that ability. Plus, I'm still fairly new at this...especially the beer part...and I never know when something will be good or not. It'd be a shame to have to throw out more than a gallon of something.

Back