First cider first official taste from the bottle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapaglia

Reaction score
I bottled a cider 6.4% ABV on 9/27. Tossed a 3/4 full bottle in the fridge Wed. Just opened it.

Nice psssst a little CO2 cloud in the top. I made the mistake of a frozen glass. It needs to carb a little more but no big deal I want to use this for New years so I have time. SWMBO said it smelled like beer to her.

I don't drink Beer. At the moment I am not supposed to drink at all due to meds. But to me, once it hit about 45-50 degrees I could taste the apple as a background more that a foreground taste. It was Dry and tasted clean. I'm not sure if the terms I am using are correct as I don't have a reference to go against. I did open a 90 shilling and it didn't smell like the cider. Then SWMBO says the cider smells more like a fancy ale then a beer. No we did not have that talk, I'm medicated not stupid :D.

All in all I think it will be great when it ages a little more. The test is to get my daughter over to try it. She drinks ciders in the bar. She is cruel and will not say its good if its not. lol.

Anyway thanks to all here that responded to questions or just let me ramble. I have one to bottle in a week and hope to start another tomorrow.

Back