First brew bottled! I'm super happy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConAcide

Reaction score
I bottled my first brew on Saturday, cracked one open this morning to try it out and I love it. I know that it'll taste like a totally different beer in a few weeks, but right now it tastes very similar to a blue moon, which is what I was going for. On the back end, there's a slight almond-y flavor.

I like homebrewing so much that I'm starting my second batch after work today. My biggest advice to all new hombrewers is this: RDWHAHB -- Relax, don't worry, have a home brew. My biggest mistake was that I got curious several times and popped open my bucket. Had a big infection scare (luckily no infection), and now I'll never open my fermenter until it's time to bottle. Good luck, guys!

Congratulations on your first beer.

You will need to open the bucket a couple of times before bottling, just spray Starsan around the rim for sanitizing. Check the specific gravity after about two weeks, and then again in a few days to see if final gravity has been reached. FG has been reached if both hydrometer readings are the same.

Once you get a pipeline going it will be easy to let them sit and do their conditioning. But I still open one a few days after bottling to sample. :tank:

^^ recently did a 5 gallon and I too get the watery taste but at the end of the 2 weeks it filled out. Looking forward to bottling this weekend myself

Back