Finished high, what are my options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I've put it in one of my plastic barrels and removed the air from it so it doesn't get any worse. I'll leave it there for a few months to see how it turns out, not sure if it'll be a year though :)

I've never tried those beers, I like Belgian beers but have tried relatively few, a number of different leffe's, kwak, duvel and maybe a couple more

Find a bottle of Rodenbach (Flanders Red)
If you like that and really have some blue on the surface, rack it to a 5 gallon carboy and leave it alone for a year....REALLY a year minimum.

I plan on brewing a Lambic this weekend and will be leaving it in the boil kettle over night covered with nothing but a screen.
If my wild Fall "bugs" suck, the beer will suck but if I have good "bugs" in a few years time I will have a Lambic that would make Belgians green with envy :D

Right I tried moving to secondary and adding a 1L starter on monday, today still no difference, now I'm wondering if I've got an infection, which would be annoying as I was pretty anal about sanatising before moving to secondary. Opinions?

Damn. Sucks to hear that. Kind of hard to tell by the picture but I don't think it looks like an infection. Giving it time seems like the best option right now. You could also try dropping it straight on the yeast cake from the next batch you do.

Back