Finally in Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
It's been a hell of a week, moving from Germany to Texas, with a nice in-between car pickup in alabama. Finally here, brewing equipment has arrived and I pick it up tommorow!!! Time to fill those primaries!

So what's up with Texas? What should I be sure to do while here? How's the hunting/fishing? Any hunting land clubs near Dallas? How about brew clubs near Dallas?

Man, it feels good to be back in the US!

Welcome back! I can't speak for the Dallas area since I'm in San Antonio. But generally there is some good fishing in Texas and hunting, but hunting can be expensive since there is not much public land to hunt on.

Welcome back. Got some bad news though. While you were gone, they banned guns, hunting, pick up trucks, NASCAR, and beer in Texas. You can still play paint ball though.

Just kidding. :D

Ya wanna see a revolution. That would do it.

ROFL! There is the NTHBA club up here. As for LHBS, there is Homebrew HQ in Richardson. (Just north of Dallas) Austin homebrew is still the best option for internet orders as they are pretty damn close. Any weekend you feel up for it, lemmie know and we will have a big brew session. Not sure if you are in a house or apt, but I have plenty of room at my house for brewing. As for things to see in Dallas..........wait another month for the temp to drop. Pretty cool night life up here.

Im really biased towards Ft. Worth. Lots to do, good night life, Rhars Brewery for free beer on Saturdays, and best of all, less traffic and much better chance of NOT being shot!! :D

seefresh said:
Looks like Tuesday before I move into housing and can do some brewing. I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures. Anyone ever been here? It's my new LHBS. http://www.txhomebrew.com/

You missed out on the fun last weekend at HH100. Wichita is a nice town, just confusing to get around, at least I thought.

seefresh said:
Ft Shepperd Air Base. Wife is army, but the air force teaches the dental lab class she's attending.

That is a nice ass base!! We got to ride through it on Sat.

seefresh said:
Looks like Tuesday before I move into housing and can do some brewing. I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures. Anyone ever been here? It's my new LHBS. http://www.txhomebrew.com/

Just got back from this place. Very cool, nice owner runs the shop out of his shed by his house. I was surprised when he actually had some liquid yeasts on hand! Anyway, he hooked me up with a great deal and a free beer from his current kegs. If you are ever in the area and need something, be sure to look this guy up.

Back