FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent out meeting proposals with olllllo's tool just now. I used the emails on your FFB account except for those that IM'd me different ones. Boston, I used the one you have listed on HBT since you are still listed as private.

Let's get this finalized asap!!

rdwj said:
...meeting ... with olllllo's tool just now...

Good for you, man, good for you. This is a loving and accepting board, you can trust us not to judge you.

rdwj said:
Sent out meeting proposals with olllllo's tool just now.

not that there's anything wrong with that.....

EDIT: I never got an e-mail

Add me to the "me neither" list. Doesn't matter, starting in the morning I won't have access to a computer for about a week.............

Resent the announcement. Looks like people are responding pretty quickly. Hopefully we can get this wrapped up quickly.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it......

ack..... almost forgot. August 30th is my anniversary so I don't think SWMBO would understand that I need to do a FFB draft.

I'm in and posted my available/unavailable. Question though as this is my sophomore year of FFB. Lets say we get a common date, and someone doesn't show. What happens then? Is there still an auto-draft backup or something for that person? Guess I'm saying I have not a clue on how a live draft works as it relates to Yahoo.

Here is what the instructions say...

If you won't be present for the entire draft, go to your team page and pre-rank players. Your pre-ranked players are used if you can't make a selection at any time during the live draft. If you choose not to pre-rank, our default ratings are used when you can't make a selection.

DesertBrew said:
Pfff, instructions? :eek:

I had to dig for it a little, so I'm sure it's valuable info for all to have. For those that haven't, please make sure to answer the meeting request. If you don't, you just may be SOL.

Most people have responded, but not all. You have until the end of the week (Sunday) to respond. So far, we're looking at Wed Aug 15 at about 8:00 PM unless we have any objections.

EDIT - actually, I just changed the draft date since it's coming up quickly. It's in the books - be there or have your players ranked before!

Yooper Chick said:
Dumb question- is that 8:00 EDT or CDT? I assume EDT, but wanted to make sure!

Actually, that's a GREAT question. I think it's CDT, but I'm not sure and can't access the site from work. If you go to the league home page, there is a countdown to the draft.

holy crap.... 9:15 eastern? Friday is going to be a rough day of work.... I think I should get the #1 pick for this... Any objections? No? good!

Won't Dude miss the draft?

I think Dude is coming home this weekend, so he should be around.

9:15 too late for you, Todd? (I can only hope in your bleary eyed state you pick some stinkers!!!!!) ;)

Yooper Chick said:
I think Dude is coming home this weekend, so he should be around.

9:15 too late for you, Todd? (I can only hope in your bleary eyed state you pick some stinkers!!!!!) ;)

9:15 is fine for me, it's the later rounds that will be a challenge since I get up at 5:15.

Considering that wr'll all most likely be drinking, the later rounds will be a challenge for all of us

So what's the advantage of having a live draft? Why not just rank the players and let the computer pick your team?

My busy schedule kept me from seeing the plans here, and it's going to keep me from participating in the live draft. :(

Is it possible to nominate a human asistant to do my drafting for me or will I just have to let the computer pick at random for me?

Also: Do you guys still want that voice server set-up or not? I can set it up and leave it running, but I won't be around if you have any technical issues during the draft.

Yes Walker - you can delegate as you wish or you can set up your preference list and let the computer pick for you. I feel bad that you can't make it, but unfortunately we need to draw a line somewhere or we'll end up with an auto-draft like last year.

rdwj said:
Yes Walker - you can delegate as you wish or you can set up your preference list and let the computer pick for you. I feel bad that you can't make it, but unfortunately we need to draw a line somewhere or we'll end up with an auto-draft like last year.

Understood. However, according to the Meeting Thingy, this coming Sunday is just as good/bad as this coming Wednesday, so I'm pulling for Sunday here. :)

BTW: I know almost all of you bastards are awake until after midnight on here, so why don't we find a VERY late slot that works? :rockin:

Walker-san said:
BTW: I know almost all of you bastards are awake until after midnight on here, so why don't we find a VERY late slot that works? :rockin:

Todd was unavailable on Sunday according to the tool. Todd - anything you can do to free it up? Even if we move the time??

rdwj said:
Todd was unavailable on Sunday according to the tool. Todd - anything you can do to free it up? Even if we move the time??

Exactly. Todd is the only one unavailable on Sunday. I am the only one unavailable on Wednesday. :)

On a football-related note:

One day while my SIL was at work (hair salon), a girl who works in the dress shop next door walked in and asked if anyone owned the silver Honda in the parkig lot. My SIL said it that she did, and the girl told her that she had backed into it and damaged it.

My SIL asked for insurance info, but the girl said that she was certain that her father would want to take care of the issue withot notifying the insurance company. SIL said, "Whatever... as long as my car gets fixed, I don't care how it's taken care of."

The girl wrote down a phone number and the name "Bill C" on it. My SIL called and talked to the guy a couple of times, and they arranged to meet at the hair salon and work out the details of taking care of the problem.

On the day of the arranged meeting, the girl who hit the car came into the hair salon and told SIL that her dad was outside to see her.

SIL walked outside, and there stood Bill C, who happens to be Bill Cower.

So... I've got Bill Cower's cell phone number, and would be happy to give it out to the person who PMs me and offers the largest amount of money.

-walker

I'm available this Sunday, I just didn't check that box because I don't think it's a good idea to have our draft before the 1st week of pre-season games is even over. I was hoping to have as late a draft as possible so no one tears an ACL or tests positive for Budweiser or something like that. Remember when Ricky got busted a couple years ago? That was a PITA for whoever drafted him. I just don't want anyone getting a raw deal here.

I can make it THIS Sunday - any objections? Will Dude be back? And has anyone heard from Cheese in a while?

Since I'm out of the loop... where is Dude? If he's on vacation or something, I can send him a text on his cell and see if he'll be around for a draft on Sunday.

Cheese is good for Sun and not Wed too. I'll send an email to everyone - Sunday - 6:45 (the only time available)!! If you can catch Dude on his cell, please do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back