Fermentation Progress Question - Brewpi Graph

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDL

Reaction score
I have never had this happen before, about 30 batches into my current setup.

My normal brew graphs from the past show the fermentation ramping up in the beginning and the fridge kicking on pretty tight and then slowing down and the fridge kicks on less and less. At that point, I ramp up the temp a little bit to finish it out. This beer seems to be ramping up multiple times with pretty big breaks in the fridge kicking on, then it kicking on repeatedly.

I have always assumed the spikes you see in the chart the majority of the time is that of the fridge compressor kicking on and causing a electronic spike in the sensors, happened on all my previous brews as well.

Wondering if anyone else has had this happen before, first time using this yeast as well.

Beer is a basic White IPA that was 1.062 into the fermenter and one packet of dry Mangrove West Coast M44 pitched on top straight out of the packet.

The only other difference I saw was that it started fermenting within 4-6 hours of pitching which is also faster then I have had with other dry yeasts.

beergraph.PNG

Where is the fridge? Could be that the ambient temperature kept things cool enough on the 14th and part of the 15th that the fridge didn't need to go on to keep the wort cool.

Makes me want to start logging ambient temperature outside my fermenter fridges. It ranges from 52-54 in my basement with not much fluctuation unless we have stuff open. Temperature didn't change during those days.

Latest posts

Back