Fermentation chamber parts are in, build shall begin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glavini

Reaction score
So l ended up getting a minifridge from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on Sunday night. I also just got my eBay temp controller today. Just in time, the next couple of days are supposed to be in the mid 90s which means the house is probably going to start getting into the 80s soon.

image-1133036484.jpg

image-650634932.jpg

Cool. Are you going to build an enclosure for that temp controller? Or will you mount it in the fridge somehow?

I'll be "enlarging" the fridge to make room for 4 carboys. I'm going to be picking up the 1.5" insulation from homedepot tomorrow.

I'm also going to finish up the chamber with some plywood and will be flushmounting the controller to the outside of the chamber.

Door is off the fridge

image-2793566480.jpg

Ooo me too, I have a spare fridge and have been thinking of doing something similar keep the pics coming!

Its actually a 4.3 the best part about it was it was free. Little more work going on right now. Put together a base for the fridge to sit on and began insulating.

image-226602651.jpg

image-2403110406.jpg

It's tough to get stuff done with a 1 and 3 year old around the house but I have the majority of the insulation done. I should have everything done tomorrow. I need to frame out the door as well as reinforcing the inside of the chamber.

image-3199294282.jpg

image-2105666177.jpg

Framed up the inside, finished insulating, and started putting up the plywood. Just need to cut the door out along with a slot for the temperature control unit. Not sure if I'll paint or stain it yet

image-2440436268.jpg

image-357415950.jpg

image-3171289522.jpg

Took me long enough but I'm almost there! Only thing left is the hardware for the door and some paint. I'm thinking about painting it black and having chalkboard paint on the door for notes and dates as to when beers were put in.

image-385227422.jpg

image-3074131106.jpg

Sweet build! I need to do something like this.. I already did something similar for my dispensing fridge (see sig - under counter bar)

I like the way you extended the width to allow for 4 carboys.

Back