Feeling like a brewer once again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torilen

Reaction score
BIG SIGH....
I've had a wine going for almost two weeks now...I let juice ferment for about a week, then added one can of juice concentrate, then three days later added a second can of juice concentrate. It didn't do much with the first can of concentrate, but MAN did it take off after I added the second can. Can't wait to see how that wine comes out.
(Mix of concord grape juice and red grape juice, and the two cans of concentrate were white grape juice).

Today, I finally found the time to make the beer I've been wanting to make. I've had some light LME sitting for the past three weeks, and just haven't had the time to make anything. Today, though, I had the time, and brewed a chocolate porter. If it turns out a good as it is now, after it ferments...it is going to be GOOD!

So, I have a full gallon of wine going, and a gallon of beer going...I feel semi-content again. (again...sigh).

I am going to get an experiment going either tomorrow or Monday...a corn wine. I plan to brew crushed frozen corn with some 2-row, and after it has fermented completely, I am going age it with oak chips. Thinking it might have a bit of a flavor like whiskey...just not the high ABV. We'll see.

Congrats on the fermentations!

I don't think the corn wine is going to give you a whiskey flavor mainly because to get whiskey you have to distill but I could be way off here...certainly will be interesting

It might not - I'll only be making about a 1/2 gallon or so. If not...it certainly won't be expensive if I have to toss it down the drain. But like you say, it should be interesting. I'm curious to see what it does come out to taste like. It'll be a good while...Aging with the oak chips in it will be a long wait...hopefully I'll have the patience for it.

Back