Feeling Down Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I thought I would post some things that make me happy :)

Here is my current hops inventory, all tucked away nice and neat in the freezer (organized alphabetically):

hops.jpg

Northern Brewer Pellets – 8.8% - 27 ounces
Czech Saaz Pellets – 2.5% - 19.75 ounces
Styrian Golding Pellets – 1.9% - 13 ounces
German Tradition Pellets – 5.3% - 9 ounces
US Saaz Pellets – 5.8% - 6 ounces
Palisade Pellets – 6.8% - 5.5 ounces
Perle Pellets – 7.1% - 4.75 ounces
EKG Pellets – 4% - 4.5 ounces
Tettnanger Pellets – 4.2% - 4.25 ounces
Amarillo Whole – 9.9% - 4 ounces
Fuggle Pellets – 4.3% - 3.25 ounces
Hallertauer Whole – 3.6% - 3 ounces
Perle Whole – 8.2% - 3 ounces
German Hersbrucker Pellets – 2.4% - 2.7 ounces
Hallertauer Pellets – 3.7% - 2.1 ounces
Fuggle Whole – 6.% - 2 ounces
Liberty Pellets – 5% - 2 ounces
Sorachi Ace Whole – 14% - 2 ounces
Cascade Pellets – 6.5% - 1.5 ounces
Amarillo Pellets – 8.6% - 1.4 ounces
US Goldings Pellets – 4.5% - 1.25 ounces
Galena Pellets – 13.4% - 0.4 ounces

Stir plates are cool (albeit a little noisy at times):

stirplate.jpg

Cereal Mashes are fun:

cereal.jpg

I like the diamond grip latex gloves, they're the same ones I use (when I bother to put them on). I've gotten lazier about brewing lately. I use the for handling raw chicken more than brewing anymore.

Woah. If this were any other hobby (not alcohol related) you could almost claim your whole apartment as a tax write-off.

Lol holy potential for boilover captain! You sir live on the 15 gallon edge!

yeah, we decided to have a 18 gallon yield since we lost at least 2 gallons last time to trub, sampling, etc.

that's a 20 gallon pot and we had another 2 gallons in another pot. you can see my friend pouring it off in the 1st picture.

i think the 2nd pic is after we had poured it back in.

:rockin:

You brew inside with a propane burner? Is that safe? And it looks like that 15gal kettle is over carpet??? Dude, you have some cahones!

Thanks for the pics.

no, lol, the 15 gallon batches are done in my friends basement...on concrete. usually we have the windows open, but it's a pretty big space...the propane doesn't concern me.

heh, i guess it does look a little like carpet. i take all that back...i'm just that bad-ass :p

srsly...i'm in desperate need of some action.

there's supposed to be a day party on sunday with 15 gallons of my SMaSH APA, some RIS (i'm keggin it :D), and a hefeweizen. i wonder if any new young ladies will be there ;)

the carboy inside the styrofoam box.....do you input any heat to that or does the fermentation get it warming up in there? Been looking for a cheap and easy way to boost my fermentation temps without having to turn up my heat (poor student)

that's a son-of-fermentation chiller for cooling.

i live in oakland, california...it barely gets below the 50s and rarely does it drop below the 60s in my apartment.

winter is the PERFECT time for ale brewing at room temperature.

what is the ambient temperature where you ferment? i'll be you money you can do ales without providing any heat at all.

What was the grist of the cereal mash? Looks really yellowish like flaked corn/maize...but it's normally already gelatinized and wouldn't need a cereal mash. Curious. Thanks for sharing the pics.

we boiled it for about a half hour or more as we heated up our strike water, adding water to make sure it didn't burn (that stuff sucks up h20). then we just added it into the mash. it was a 15 gallon batch with lots of 6-row and 2-row, so we didn't need any rice hulls.

and most beers do. i have some beers that are ready to drink faster, but they are low gravity with virile yeast. i also filter sometimes when i want something fast. it takes a lot of work for fast beer.

and most beers do. i have some beers that are ready to drink faster, but they are low gravity with virile yeast. i also filter sometimes when i want something fast. it takes a lot of work for fast beer.

you want fast beer??? then do biermunchers centennial blonde and keg it , pot to glass in 14 days

When I want fast brew, I speed to the liquor store. I never brew anything that takes less than a month. That's what pipe line is for..........oh I drink them before they get in line. Loved the pics.

Back