Favre overload--COUNTDOWN TO 421

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that list brought back some memories. So bummed I am not making a trip out this season. My family has had season tickets since the Ice Bowl and this is the first year of many that I won't attend a home game.

Nice game eh? 1st half had me nervous but it came together nicely in the 2nd.

WTF did I decide to bench him today and play Kitna instead?

Grrr....

EDIT: Nevermind. Kitna is redeeming himself.
BTW, I'm talking about another league I'm in so don't think I'm crazy since I'm playing Tom Brady in the HBT league.

What was amazing to watch with this game is the lack of run attempts. It seemed like 1/2 the touches there wasn't even a RB in the backfield. 45 passes, 13 rush attempts even when we were ahead. When we didn't try and rush it in from the 1' line I was besides myself! And then we won anyway. Definitely letting Favre play the type of game he was clammering for last year. But only cuz of substandard RB's. Great win but we need to get some clock grinders going!

DesertBrew said:
What was amazing to watch with this game is the lack of run attempts. It seemed like 1/2 the touches there wasn't even a RB in the backfield. 45 passes, 13 rush attempts even when we were ahead. When we didn't try and rush it in from the 1' line I was besides myself! And then we won anyway. Definitely letting Favre play the type of game he was clammering for last year. But only cuz of substandard RB's. Great win but we need to get some clock grinders going!

I'm hoping that when Morency finally returns, the running game improves. But I'm not holding my breath. Still, 3-0, gotta love that.

msfavre.gif

BABY!

I had a big party at Titletown/Bratwursts & Shillelaghs today--thanks for picking up the slack boys!

What an AWESOME day!

Can you believe--4 and freaking 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that this is over where is the countdown to 277 thread? :D

Dude said:
How about them Bears?

This isn't a thread about the Bears. It's a thread about Favre. Please stay on-topic.

2 more, right?

Bernie Brewer said:
I may be wrong, but I think it's three more. That's ok. I'll take the trade-off.

2 to tie, 3 to break..... but who's counting? wait a minute.... I am. :)

todd_k said:

Of course you are--you have nothing better to pin your hopes on. The Bears suck so you have to come in and crap all over a Favre thread.

I liked it better when you ran away with your tail behind your legs.

How's that list of QBs that you said were better than Favre again? I'm gonna have to bring that up again and remind everyone how stupid you are.

todd_k said:
How many do you think Grossman will have? That is IF he stays in the league. :drunk:

You poor Bears fans. You are actually pinning your hopes on Brian Greise. Just prey he doesn't trip on a crack in the driveway or fall over his dog. :D

As a Lions fan I despise both Brett Favre and the Packers.

As a fan of football in general, I cheer for the guy everytime he's not playing my team. Guys like Favre don't come along very often and love him or hate him, you have to at least respect what he's been able to do in his career. He's a guaranteed 1st ballot HOF'er, and breaking Marino's TD record is just icing on the cake for him.

Thanks for showing the love ohiobrewtus; that's my take as well. Didn't like Marino & Elway's teams and was jealous they had them but sure as hell respected them as players. Same goes for Manning and Brady today. There just isn't that many QB's that are on the really high level for a decade+ that come around and as a football fan you gotta appreciate them when they're out there.

Off topic kinda for the cheeseheads but this season is smelling like 1992-95 when the hump to get over was Dallas. Probably going to be the same thing this year and Brett's playing at his youth level again. And we get to try and do it in Dallas like it always was back then too.

Dude said:
Of course you are--you have nothing better to pin your hopes on. The Bears suck so you have to come in and crap all over a Favre thread.

I liked it better when you ran away with your tail behind your legs.

How's that list of QBs that you said were better than Favre again? I'm gonna have to bring that up again and remind everyone how stupid you are.

This was too easy..... Thank you, Dude.

Also, thanks for the personal insult. It lets me know I really got under your skin.

I like Favre, I just wish guys like Madden would get off his dick while calling Packers games. He's not the only guy in the league who just loves to play the game, you know? He's become this romantic figure for so many sportscasters and writers, it's just... I'm sure it's the exact same reaction that the rest of the nation has when the Patriots play and everybody fawns over them (until "spygate," at least). I recognize my hypocricy, and I can deal with that.

the_bird said:
.. He's become this romantic figure for so many sportscasters and writers, it's just... .

Yea, you definitely got that right. I could see where that gets annoying. This year so far its warranted for now but previous two (nah). I think Elway had that going for those two years when he won the superbowl(s) too. Marino as well even though he wasn't making it to the playoffs. Your comments on the patriots being similar in hype doesn't bother me that much cuz its true for this year.

I still say that the swan song that Brett started whenever he began hinting on retirement was where this thing seems to be like the energizer bunny. The every year is his last year approach that the media takes got annoying to me too (but I didn't want him to retire)

This romanticizing will happen with Brady and Manning later too unless they happen to pull a surprise Barry Sanders retire. Media loves to hype things with the 24x7 airtime they got to fill nowadays.

the_bird said:
I like Favre, I just wish guys like Madden would get off his dick while calling Packers games. He's not the only guy in the league who just loves to play the game, you know? He's become this romantic figure for so many sportscasters and writers, it's just... I'm sure it's the exact same reaction that the rest of the nation has when the Patriots play and everybody fawns over them (until "spygate," at least). I recognize my hypocricy, and I can deal with that.

Oh man is that the truth. Madden and Peter King of SI seem to always have their Brett Favre asshats on. Madden mentions Favre in *every* game that he does, regardless of what teams are playing. King does the same thing in his MMQB column.

I understand the guy's a great QB and had a great career, but damn...

Also, has anyone else noticed that he's in a lot of commercials lately? I don't recall ever seeing him in many commercials before. Could this be a precursor to his retirement, or is he just seeing the 4,857 commercials that Peyton Manning has all over the airwaves and looking for a piece of the action?

todd_k said:
This was too easy..... Thank you, Dude.

Also, thanks for the personal insult. It lets me know I really got under your skin.

Hardly. It makes me laugh. You go in hiding for 8 months after your butt buddy Grossman screwed up the Super Bowl for the mighty Bares, then you come squawking back when it is obvious you have nothing else to hang your pathetic life on except to taunt Packer fans. Really, where have ya been until now?

At least the Lions fans can appreciate what a great QB Favre has been--but you, you show how big of an idiot you are by displaying your jealousy and hate. I'm not telling the Lions fans anything, they figured it out on their own--and actually show some football knowledge. You? Yeah, let me go find that list.

Keep spewing your garbage--and making yourself look even more stupid. I think it is hilarious.

:off:
But did you know that friggen KGB is tied with Reggie White for career franchise sacks? Not worthy of holding his jockstrap. Lets see, will KGB try and get to the QB from the outside again? That's gotta be a hard video to analyze for the competition. :rolleyes:

Pffttt!

Dude said:
Hardly. It makes me laugh. You go in hiding for 8 months after your butt buddy Grossman screwed up the Super Bowl for the mighty Bares, then you come squawking back when it is obvious you have nothing else to hang your pathetic life on except to taunt Packer fans. Really, where have ya been until now?

At least the Lions fans can appreciate what a great QB Favre has been--but you, you show how big of an idiot you are by displaying your jealousy and hate. I'm not telling the Lions fans anything, they figured it out on their own--and actually show some football knowledge. You? Yeah, let me go find that list.

Keep spewing your garbage--and making yourself look even more stupid. I think it is hilarious.

Again.....this made my morning. Pathetic? stupid? Come on buddy, don't be mad at me.....

I got my wife beater on and will be dinking some cheap champagne for the GB CHI game

miller.jpg

olllllo said:
October 7
vs Bears
Jennings
First series
52 yd post

If I'm guessing, I might as well go for it all.

Greg Jennings, 41 yd pass from Brett Favre (Mason Crosby kick is good),
Well not too far off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.