Favre overload--COUNTDOWN TO 421

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiery Sword said:
I feel like I've seen Bret Favre cry on TV more than ANY athlete EVER. I propose re-naming this thread to "Tammy Faye Overload" :D

LOL...unreal.

Oh, I don't know..your FATHER dying might be a good reason. Cheese and rice.

Eh, difference between QB today and QB for the next five or ten years. I'd rather have Cutler, Leinart, or Young on the roster than Favre, even if it mean a couple more losses in '07.

I think the SI guy was talking about 06 since he said "right now" productivity not future prospects, potential etc. I'd have it pretty close to that except for Romo and Favre I'd probably switch. Romo and Young could have been honeymoon stuff. Or put Young where Romo was. Romo came in like gang busters and then became quite "common".

desertBrew said:
I think the SI guy was talking about 06 since he said "right now" productivity not future prospects, potential etc. I'd have it pretty close to that except for Romo and Favre I'd probably switch. Romo and Young could have been honeymoon stuff. Or put Young where Romo was. Romo came in like gang busters and then became quite "common".

Exactly. This is the argument I've been trying to convey to the haters all year. I never said who will be the best 2 or 5 or 10 years from now.

I'm pointing out that Packer fans in general don't have the wool pulled over their eyes regarding Favre. I said he was top 10 in the beginning of the year, and I just got that redeemed by a pretty respected sportswriter.

You don't push a top 10 QB out the door.

And FWIW, If Favre wasn't the QB all year, teh Packers would have been 4-12 or worse. Take that to the bank. He's still got mad skillz.

Dude said:
LOL...unreal.

Oh, I don't know..your FATHER dying might be a good reason. Cheese and rice.

Or your wife getting breast cancer, or your brother getting hit by a train, or your grandma's house wiped off the earth from a huricane. He definitely should listen to country music and kick his dog with his string of bad luck.

desertBrew said:
Or your wife getting breast cancer, or your brother getting hit by a train, or your grandma's house wiped off the earth from a huricane. He definitely should listen to country music and kick his dog with his string of bad luck.

I know...comments like that crapola just make me shake my head.

It must hurt SO bad for the "haters" to loathe a Hall of Famer so much. I just don't understand it.

Dude said:
I know...comments like that crapola just make me shake my head.

It must hurt SO bad for the "haters" to loathe a Hall of Famer so much. I just don't understand it.
It's you packies that just don't get it. That post was written in response to Favre putting on the waterworks for HIMSELF and HIS career. It was after this past season ended, and he was being asked if this was it for him, and his response was to cry and whimper what all you cheeseheads see as manly, steel tears. To the rest of us, it is just sad.

His family issues have nothing to do with the criticism. If I lost my job, I wouldn't cry to the world about the fact that my 26 year-old, signle mother cousin and friend was just diagnosed with cancer (true). Same thing with Favre. I guess Favre is just more emotional, and unstable, than me. Enough with the pity.....he's a crybaby.

I will stand by my comment that I've seen him cry on TV more than ANY other athletein ANy pro or college sport. We'll have to go down to Little League to find an equal. :D

Other topics......SOOOooooooo. Randy Moss to GB? Even a washed up Hall of Famer could hit those hands for a few TD's every once in a while.......unless there' a pass rush. :D

Fiery Sword said:
His family issues have nothing to do with the criticism. If I lost my job, I wouldn't cry to the world about the fact that my 26 year-old, signle mother cousin and friend was just diagnosed with cancer (true). Same thing with Favre. I guess Favre is just more emotional, and unstable, than me. Enough with the pity.....he's a crybaby.

I will stand by my comment that I've seen him cry on TV more than ANY other athletein ANy pro or college sport. We'll have to go down to Little League to find an equal. :D

Come on FS. Lame. How often is your cousin on TV surrounded by reporters?? (Sorry to hear that BTW)

I just don't understand the hate. I jsut don't.

I sticking to it. He's a crybaby. :D

Seriously though, I hear the Pack wants Moss. And supposedly there is interest from tha Pats to??!?!?!? That'd be a tough one to swallow.......

Fiery Sword said:
I sticking to it. He's a crybaby. :D

Well you're a t00l. :D

Fiery Sword said:
Seriously though, I hear the Pack wants Moss. And supposedly there is interest from tha Pats to??!?!?!? That'd be a tough one to swallow.......

I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers. Whatever helps them win, I am all for that. While it would sting at first to RM in a GB iniform, I could live with it. I truly believe (and have for years) all Randy Moss wants is to win and get the damn ball. He was grossly mis-used in Oakland.

FWIW, I'm not going to buy in that he'll be much better in GB. Favre never has been able to throw a nice deep ball. Those lofted touch passes to the end zone that Moss is so good at catching won't happen with the rocket balls from Favre. But....at the very least Moss would be a great diversion tactic.

Moss to the Pats?

They talked about it at the deadline. I'd be for it, honestly. It comes down to whether he's more of a T.O. (always, always about himself, even to the detriment of the team) or another Corey Dillon. Thing is, if Moss doesn't work out, Belichick has both the clout and the balls to simply cut him loose, as long as the contract is structured properly. We'd be able to get him cheap - not a lot of downside to bringing him aboard. We've got enough veteran leadership where he's not going to be able to dominate the locker room. Brady will get him the ball. We NEED that big-play receiver, the guy who can simply take over a game from that position - I don't know that we have ever had that kind of receiver, certainly not in recent memory.

Moss was pretty quiet wasn't he at the Raiders? I think I heard something about not playing hard cuz we suck commentary but that's normal for him.

I'm in agreement with you both, dude and bird - Moss would surely help any team that he's going to end up on. The TO-or-Dillon question is very applicable, though unanswered. I'm not really hesitant about Moss due to his attitude (I think that he would in a lot of ways thrive in NE) but rather due to the circus that would follow a guy like Moss to a team like NE, or GB. Oakland is used to the circus act (no offense, desert) but all that questioning and media coverage can itself creat an issue when there might not normally be one.

Right tho, the Pats have never had a Randy Moss. Certainly in Brady's years. He would be amazingly productive.

The one thing that worries me about Moss in New England....

Brady could have Jerry Rice in his prime, and he's still going to throw to ten different guys. There would be weeks when Moss wouldn't get many looks, simply because that's how the gameplan worked out. Could he deal with that? What if it were a couple weeks in a row? Branch was clearly the #1 receiver the other year, and he didn't crack 1,000 yards. Nature of the beast with a coach who is very flexible in his approach and a QB who has such a good ability to see all of his potential targets.

I can't see Moss playing in Green Bay. That guy needs some kind of nightlife and I doubt Green Bay or Milwaukee is going to give that to him. I think NE or Jacksonville would be better for his kind of lifestyle. And what happens when Favre retires after next season, is Moss going to respect Aaron Rodgers or whoever else is the qb?

Fiery Sword said:
Oakland is used to the circus act (no offense, desert)

Not a problem, I'm a cheesehead. And when Brett tears up, I get all verklempt.

I dont think Moss would have a problem with the ball getting spread around. In the last three seasons, he's only averaged 50 receptions and 775 yards. In Deion Branch's last three full years with the Pats (excluding 04 due to injury), he averaged 62 receptions and 842 yards. Even while gameplanning to spread the ball, Moss would have at least as much of an opportunity as he has for years.

Dude said:
Whoa...latest rumor from PFT ( www.profootballtalk.com ) is Moss for Aaron Rodgers straight up. Now I'd do that.
I thought I had heard that Moss wanted to play for a team on the east coast. I guess if he gets traded he won't have a choice.
Are you sure you want him?
Hey. Didn't he moon the Packer fans a couple years ago???

Dude said:
Whoa...latest rumor from PFT ( www.profootballtalk.com ) is Moss for Aaron Rodgers straight up. Now I'd do that.

RichBrewer said:
I thought I had heard that Moss wanted to play for a team on the east coast. I guess if he gets traded he won't have a choice.
Are you sure you want him?
Hey. Didn't he moon the Packer fans a couple years ago???

Yeah he did. I was at that game. For that reason and many others, I swore I don't care how good he is, I'd never want to see him in a Packer uniform. But for Rodgers straight up? Yup- in a heartbeat. Yeah Rodgers is that bad.

So......what is the over/under on when he gets to 422?

Will he break the TD record before the Blanda INT record?

BTW...I bought my Packer tickets today....October 14th, Packs vs. Skins, Lambeau Field, Section 102, Row 5, Seats 11-13. YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saxmk6 said:
Favre, one of the best to play the game. It is fitting that two of the best ever are close to the records. While, not a packer fan and I am a Dolphin fan, I would hope it is Favre to take Marino's title.

Who is brewing today?

I am a Dolphin fan and Marino has the records. Including many that surpass Fran so hush!!! :)

-- Trev

trev said:
I am a Dolphin fan and Marino has the records. Including many that surpass Fran so hush!!! :)

-- Trev

Thank GOD the Raiders traded Moss!! What a loser! I am not a Raiders fan BTW. I've been to every game when they've hosted the phins and get beat up. :) I wear my cap and fight them like a champ, I haven't had too much crap thrown at me I am a pretty big guy and have some big buddies that have club seats. Heheh maybe that's it? we're not in the black hole?

Culpepper did Miami NO GOOD too! What a loser, I know Minnesotans hate him too.

Have fun! Be happy! It's still 4 months until NFL season. Jeeeeez!!!

-- Trev

trev said:

-- Trev

Doesn't matter. Yup, Favre will break the records this year, but it's only temporary. Peyton's gonna break every record in the book by the time he's done. I like Manning and all, but I'm a Packer fan, and want Favre to have them. Oh, well.

... if he doesn't ask to get traded after being forced to attend minicamp... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Err... sorry, this is supposed to be the pro-Favre thread, isn't it? Seems like the media's starting to lose their love for the fella; ESPN has been VICIOUS against Favre since the draft.

olllllo said:
October 7
vs Bears
Jennings
First series
52 yd post

If I'm guessing, I might as well go for it all.

Against the Bares?

downgoesrex.jpg
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/01/downgoesrex.jpg

I think he'll break it in Minny the week before, but I sure as hell hope he breaks it on October 14th when I am live and in person at Lambeau. What a treat that would be. :rockin:

Wolf said:
Wow, that is cool. Couple of names I had forgotten, like Mark Clayton as a Packer.

Yup, like his first game- winning TD ever, to Kitrick Taylor. (who????)

And the greatest wideout in Packer history, Don Beebe.

Ok not really the greatest, but he's my personal favorite:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.