Favre overload--COUNTDOWN TO 421

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in from 20 miles from Lincoln Financial Field...I am happy to see Green Bay tonight. McNabb is going to have astronomical numbers this evening, even with Stallworth and Westbrook questionable.

I give Farve all the respect in the world. I actually pull for the Packers...every week other than Philly games.

sause said:
We had to beat them in their house before they would come to ours. NFL seriously has something agaist us.

Um, we never did beat Dallas at their house- the way we made it past them was San Fran ( or maybe it was Carolina) beat them for us then we crushed those two.

Well, that was ugly. Guess we wait another week to whittle down to the record.

As soon as it was 16-9 last night, I knew the game was over and Brett would chuck up an INT or 2.

Favre's usually fine with the lead but he implodes almost on cue whenever the team falls behind in the second half.

Dude said:
Favre's usually fine with the lead but he implodes almost on cue whenever the team falls behind in the second half.

Ayep. You either do those heroic comebacks or what he's done lately. You're down enough like we always are it's going to happen.

You know what it is, I think?

And don't flame me, I'll be respectful...

I don't think he trusts the defense. The bad pick he threw last night, the one near the end of the third quarter? It was WAY too early to be playing so desperately. They were only down two scores, they had another full quarter to play. Play smart, don't do anything stupid, if the defense can stop Philly at all they still should have four possessions to work with.

But, Brett starting pressing, he started making bad reads. The one that was called back on the defensive holding call was worse, IMHO, he threw it up basically for grabs off his back foot.

Maybe if Faver was playing with a defense that he trusted to stop the other guys and get him the ball back, he wouldn't start pressing quite so much. Because, it was really WAY too early to start playing so desperately.

the_bird said:

I don't think he trusts the defense. The bad pick he threw last night, the one near the end of the third quarter? It was WAY too early to be playing so desperately. They were only down two scores, they had another full quarter to play. Play smart, don't do anything stupid, if the defense can stop Philly at all they still should have four possessions to work with.

But, Brett starting pressing, he started making bad reads. The one that was called back on the defensive holding call was worse, IMHO, he threw it up basically for grabs off his back foot.

Maybe if Faver was playing with a defense that he trusted to stop the other guys and get him the ball back, he wouldn't start pressing quite so much. Because, it was really WAY too early to start playing so desperately.

Finally! :D

I totally agree. Down 16-9 with 9 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter was not a time to panic. I put the blame on the coach for continuing to call passes at that point. We were running the ball fairly well all night.

I knew the meltdown would happen right then and there.

the_bird said:

Would you trust a D that had Ahmad Carroll working at corner? Thank God he's finally gone, only took three years. He even made Buckley look good. :(

Got my Packer tickets today!!!!! YES!!!!!!!

Sunday October 29th, Packers vs. Cardinals.

Section 126, Row 18, Seats 22 & 23.

YES!!!!

:ban: :ban:

I'll get to see TDs 407-409!!! :p

Pumbaa said:
Who did ya kill to get those?:tank:

Nobody. :D

My neighbor (former) here in Virginia is from WI, his parents have season tix. They offered us one of the games. They gave us a choice of Saints, Rams, Cards or Lions. I wanted to see the Cards over any of those other teams. We saw the Saints last year.

Face value--can't beat that. Great seats too.

:mug:

Dude said:
Nobody. :D

My neighbor (former) here in Virginia is from WI, his parents have season tix. They offered us one of the games. They gave us a choice of Saints, Rams, Cards or Lions. I wanted to see the Cards over any of those other teams. We saw the Saints last year.

Face value--can't beat that. Great seats too.

There's no such thing as bad seats at Lambeau. 'Cept maybe for the luxury boxes-we did that one year. Spent $500 on two ticket to watch a game in a big living room with 200 people we didn't know. It's better outside. Plus that was the playoff game where we got crushed by the Vikes and Moss mooned the fans.

ablrbrau said:
There's no such thing as bad seats at Lambeau. 'Cept maybe for the luxury boxes-we did that one year. Spent $500 on two ticket to watch a game in a big living room with 200 people we didn't know.

For $500 that crowd a people I don't know better be naked.

Must Edit: and good looking!

I went through each team and here is my gut reaction:

St. Louis Rams 1
@ Miami Dolphins 2
Arizona Cardinals 2
@ Buffalo Bills 0
@ Minnesota Vikings 2
New England Patriots 1
@ Seattle Seahawks 0
New York Jets 1
@ San Francisco 49ers 3
Detroit Lions 2
Minnesota Vikings 2
@ Chicago Bears 1
----------------------------------------
Total 17

Even though I still believe that the Bears will collapse, Farve had better have the record crushed by the Lions game. They'll go Charles Waters on his ass. Edit Charles Martin. Waters was a Cowboy I believe.

If the Bears collapse, it'll be on the other side of the ball. Put a big fat "0" up next to that last game. St. Louis, though, he could get two or three.

Because I have yet to have a post deleted from this thread.

Farve RULES!

I actually, don't care about football, I just felt like getting moderated.

;)

That's odd, for some reason I can't make my computer post anything negative about Farve!

;)

Chairman Cheyco said:
Because I have yet to have a post deleted from this thread.

Farve RULES!

I actually, don't care about football, I just felt like getting moderated.

;)

That's odd, for some reason I can't make my computer post anything negative about Farve!

;)

Funny how that works, huh? :p

olllllo said:
So far I am right on.

Yeah but....you said he'd fall short of the record...so you ARE going to be wrong. :p

Two more TDs baby!!!!!!!

photo28.jpg

It's going to be close. That's 1.6 per games left. Bears, Pats and Vikings x2 who are playing pretty good D. Need to get 2-3 in each against SF, AZ, Buffalo & Lions.

Hey, how is Jennings? Besides not getting me any TD's against you this week :(.

EDIT - I'm friggen tired. If Jennings scored then so would you - dee dee duh!

desertBrew said:
It's going to be close. That's 1.6 per games left. Bears, Pats and Vikings x2 who are playing pretty good D. Need to get 2-3 in each against SF, AZ, Buffalo & Lions.

Hey, how is Jennings? Besides not getting me any TD's against you this week :(.

Ankle injury, might miss next week only. We'll be there, so he better play, and score!

Dude said:
2 more today (and no picks :D ), that's 409.

He needs 12 more to break the record. That is 1.8 per game. Possible.

Even if he doesn't hit it this year he will be back for one more. He's having way too much fun this year.

I don't care who he completes it to...I just hope he does it on 12/21 when my buddy and I are at Lambeau field for our annual pilgramage to the Pack's final home game of the year. Seeing him break the passing record in his last game at Lambeau would be unreal.

GO PACK GO!!!

TWolf10 said:
Even if he doesn't hit it this year he will be back for one more. He's having way too much fun this year.

Green and Dumb said:
I don't care who he completes it to...I just hope he does it on 12/21 when my buddy and I are at Lambeau field for our annual pilgramage to the Pack's final home game of the year. Seeing him break the passing record in his last game at Lambeau would be unreal.

GO PACK GO!!!

I truly hope so on both counts.:ban: Unfortunately, I don't think he'll hold the record for long. I think Peyton Manning's gonna break every QB record imagineable. Can you imagine how many records Favre would already hold if he had consistent recieving weapons throughout his carrer like Manning has and Marino had??? Wow.......:rockin:

I figured you were loaded and ready for this post to fly :)

I'm sorry, ablrbrau, but he better pull a John Elway if he's gonna break a certain F-n Niner's Super Bowl passing records. Reg. season stats only go so far!

Sully

sullifan said:
I'm sorry, ablrbrau, but he better pull a John Elway if he's gonna break a certain F-n Niner's Super Bowl passing records. Reg. season stats only go so far!

Sully

Of course I wasn't including Super Bowl records. Madden and Micheals were actually talking about that during the Colts last game, saying that his career is a "yeah, but" until he wins the big one. Doesn't matter to me, I'm not a big Manning fan, 'cept that he's my fantasy QB;) Tis true, Montana's got all those records, and deservedly so, in my book. He was one cool cucumber.

ablrbrau-

A coupla SNPA's under my belt again tonite. Don't watch much anymore, but still keep my nose in the 'Green Sheet' on Monday. I can't get away from the Tit-ans, working in downtown Nashville! Favre (sp? lol) has a ring, so many near greats don't (Dan M.- MR. T.V). PLUS , thanks to Dude, he's gonna have a passel of regular season records to boot! Peyton (or anyone else!) just has to get THE ring, and anything else is gravy.

Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.