Favorite Looking Homebrew Competition Medals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Drew

Reaction score
Without regard to prestige or difficulty to win, what is (are) your favorite looking medal(s) awarded by an AHA sanctioned Homebrew Competition? Any pictures would also be helpful. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone else had any favorites. I like the look of the Upper Minnesota Mashout (formerly Upper Mississippi Mashout) medals I've seen online and I saw a medal from the CASK Beer Blitz that I like a lot better than the standard ones that come from the American Homebrewers Association. Although, those gold ones do look pretty good...

MCAB have really nice medals.

Drunk Monk ones are great.

upper minnesota mashout ones were very cool this year.

Midwinter are cool. KCBM too.

There are many others too.

I would love to find out if the NHC ones are better than all of them though.....

NHC isn't really any nicer, but I admit I do separate them from the others.

as for favorites - Hoppy Halloween, easily.
I mean, if someone is going to hang a medal on your neck, shouldn't it have glow-in-the dark skulls on it? Yeah, I think so too.
probably my favorite swag too, now that I think about it.

MAJOR_AWARD_14.jpg

Those glow in the dark skulls are definitely a nice touch. Kudos to the people who came up with that idea.

Thank you for sharing all of those msbrewblog. You've got some great looking medals.

My favorite two awards actually aren't medals. One is the glass trophy I got for 2nd runner up BOS at Humpback Homebrew last summer and the other is a liter mug I got from Dixie Cup in 1995.

Last edited:
The New England Regional has cool wood ones, custom engraved for each category and place. The comp has great prizes, too.

image.jpg

Summer has pretty much come and gone. Did the new season bring anyone any medals you especially like the looks of?

Got a nice one from the Great Lakes International Cider and Perry Competition. Also picked up a couple from MCAB, which as noted earlier are really nice.

medal.JPG

I like that, brick haus. Did you put that together yourself or was it presented to you that way?

Oh, and at Ventura County Fair, "Judges Choice" is "best of show" so I'm pretty stoked about his one!

Has anyone gotten any new favorites lately? I know that this year's Hoppy Halloween medals are out (not that I would have any pictures to post)...

you people suck. all I got was ribbons, and that was with over 200 entrants. Looks like I need to do some traveling

i'm patiently awaiting my medal from @homebrewdad s BrewUnited Comp. My first medal...but also my first "real" competition.

Back