What's your favorite regular mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooter

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what your favorite honey wine recipe is! It can be award winning, your own creation, somebody else's, etc.
I'm not looking for any melomel recipes, just a classic mead:)

I'm curious to see what your favorite honey wine recipe is! It can be award winning, your own creation, somebody else's, etc.
I'm not looking for any melomel recipes, just a classic mead:)
Tough to say just one, as they all bring their own uniqueness to the tables.

I've heard great things about Sourwood Blossom, but I haven't had time to make it since buying the honey.

Some of my favorites are Orange blossom, Tupelo blossom, Lehua blossom, Ulei blossom, Macadamia blossom & Mamane Blossom.

So far, Bremen Stadtwald Honey with Tosna 2.0 protocol and lutra kveik yeast. Abv about 15% and backsweetened for a semi sweet, almost dry mead. Abv. High enough that the yeast gives up and no stabilization is necessary.

I am a beekeeper, and make all my meads with my own (wildflower) honey. It turns out quite nice, using K1V-1116, fermented at the lower end of its temperature range, about 10% ABV, and just off-dry.

Latest posts

Back