Fat Tire at Marsh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobInIndy

Reaction score
I live in Indianapolis, and Fat Tire is hard to come by here.

I was amazed to see not only the Amber Ale, but also the Mothership Wit at my local Marsh(grocery, for those of you not from central Indiana) store.

Are they selling in other regions? Cause last I knew they weren't selling East of the Mississippi.

They have a distribution map on their website here: FAQ | New Belgium

But that shows that they don't distribute to Indiana, so maybe you just got lucky.

Also, see that stupid empty block in the north center of the map? The one with all the surrounding states colored in? Yeah, that's the crap state that I'm stuck in. :mad:

Edited: OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! According to the site, they're starting distribution to South Dakota and Indiana this year, so we both lucked out! High five! :D

which store?

I live in indy too, a friend of mine just told me he saw Ale emporium (82nd a& allisonville) promoting Fat Tire apparently they picked up a relationship with FT recently.

I'd be interested to hear how long it takes folks in newly "blessed" states to be sick of Fat Tire once it does come. Took me and most of the people I know less than a year before we stopped being impressed. I just don't think it's that good. Cloying chocolaty finish that lasts way too long, and no real hop presence to balance it.

Mothership Wit, 2 degrees below, and even Skinny Dip sign me up, but their flagship beer gets old quickly, IMHO.

Didn't mean to poopoo your excitement, just curious to see what people think of it after the novelty fades.

Yep, 96th and Lantern Rd. Marsh is where I found it. I might get sick of it if I drink it all the time, but as of now I'm a happy camper.

It starting to show up all over the place here in Fort Wayne.
I picked up a couple of bombers of Fat Tire and 1554 just the other day.

Go to Kroger instead... $14.99 for 12 pk cans

All you can get right now is 12pk cans and 22oz bottles.

I didn't know people still drank beer from cans...

Considering that cans hold carbonation more reliably, are opaque to completly eliminate the risk of skunking from UV, and are much cheaper to ship and store... Yeah, people still drink from cans. In the coming decades, I think we're going to see more and more microbrews moving away from bottles and towards cans. 21A already started the trend, and I think it's a great thing.

I, for one, embrace our new aluminum overlords. :p

Cans are actually "greener" than bottles. As the environment becomes more of an issue, I think you will see more micros move this way. New Belgium is definetly into being green.

Cans are actually "greener" than bottles. As the environment becomes more of an issue, I think you will see more micros move this way. New Belgium is definetly into being green.

Since glass is 100% recyclable, with no waste whatsoever, and aluminum loses much during the recycling process, how is this true? I understand that less energy is expended in the transportation of aluminum, due to it's reduced weight, but I really don't see how that statement is accurate.

1554, Fat Tire, and Mothership Wit have been in N.C. for about 2 mos. Just BOMBERS. End of May, 6-packs, and hopefully by the end of July, Kegs of Fat Tire. I have to admit, it is a good beer for $3 and some change. I haven't had the Mothership Wit yet, but it will be consumed in less than 1 hour.

:mug:

They have a distribution map on their website here: FAQ | New Belgium

But that shows that they don't distribute to Indiana, so maybe you just got lucky.

Also, see that stupid empty block in the north center of the map? The one with all the surrounding states colored in? Yeah, that's the crap state that I'm stuck in. :mad:

Edited: OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! According to the site, they're starting distribution to South Dakota and Indiana this year, so we both lucked out! High five! :D
My brother lives in Fargo and just told me the other day that they were now getting it.He tried fat tire and said he didn't like it--he's stuck on newcastle and killian's:confused:

new belgium expanded their bottling line and added their canning line. I don't have their figures but they have been rolling a lot more brew off the line.

i wonder if based on their sustanibility model for their facilities if they will ever try to make some regional breweries across the US to minimize shipping impacts...

It would be cool if the US would start washing and reusing bottles much like europe does. But that would be dificult without a government mandate.

Back