Fast washer broken part

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copachono

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi i was about to use my new fastwasher and when i was setting it up and i notice when i turned on that the water was spilling everywhere but the bottles and i just notice that the pump attachment was broken on both pumps, its there a way to fix this, or to the trash bin?

Attachments

• IMG_20230309_183340.jpg
    IMG_20230309_183340.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Others have posted about this very same issue. It hasn't happened on mine, though what has happened is that all the little nuts an bolts have to be tightened each time you use it. This has caused some of them to crack the plastic and leak. I contacted the company a couple of times and never got a reply (another issue noted by others). I ended up going to the hardware store and getting longer bolts and washers and sealing around the edges. It works - for now.

I contacted the company a couple of times and never got a reply (another issue noted by others).
That's terrible business practice!
Enough reason to avoid this company and their products like the plague.

i just notice that the pump attachment was broken on both pumps,
It looks like those threaded stubs are molded into the base. :(

Did you buy this directly from the FastWasher company? They should definitely resolve the issue for you. Or suffer the "piston treatment." ;)
If they're unresponsive, perhaps you can invoke a credit card reversal?

OTOH, if you're stuck with it, you can probably fix it and improve the pump linkage, but you shouldn't have to.

On a funny side note, a few years ago we used Fast-Rack trays in a fun competition during one of our Homebrew celebration parties: See how fast one can load a Fast-Rack tray... of course there was beer drinking involved.

Back