Farmhouse Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
I just noticed the ad on the forum and browsed their site. They are much cheaper for their beer kits that both Austin Brew Supply and Morebeer. When I say cheaper, I mean pretty significant. A Blind Pig clone at AHB or MoreBeer is somewhere in the 35 dollar range while at Farmhouse it is only 25. Has anybody done any business with them?

It's important to recognize that there are two different models used. Many companies offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount and they have to make up for that shipping cost in the individual product prices. Companies like Farmhouse (or BrewHardware) have reasonable prices and charge actual shipping. Note that making up for free shipping promotions by baking that into the item cost is a direct unfair penalty to walk in local customers and mailorder customers within close proximity. That's why we chose fair pricing and actual shipping charges.

Last edited:
It's important to recognize that there are two different models used. Many companies offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount and they have to make up for that shipping cost in the individual product prices. Companies like Farmhouse (or BrewHardware) have reasonable prices and charge actual shipping. Note that making up for free shipping promotions by baking that into the item cost is a direct unfair penalty to walk in local customers and mailorder customers within close proximity. That's why we chose fair pricing and actual shipping charges.
I understand and apologise if I ruffled any feathers. I just saw the ad on the side of the screen and took a look. If you are a vendor and I have made some unintentional mistake I did not mean to. Just thought I would ask. I won't bring it up again. Rock On!!!!!!

Has anybody done any business with them?
I ordered from them back in December (1st order). Ordered Sunday evening, arrived on Wednesday. Ingredients were well packaged. It was dry ingredients (no hops or yeast).

I had a question about the web site (there's a re-order page where you can make an order off of a previous order). The response was prompt and friendly.

I'll order from them again.

They're my go to online beer ingredient store. I've been ordering from them for 2+ years and never an issue. One of the main reasons I use them is their mill setting for crushed grain is 0.035", which works really well for my system. I'd asked about their settings when I first started shopping online and they were very prompt with a reply. Otherwise good variety of ingredients and decent shipping speed. Highly recommend them.

I've been ordering from them since 2017, more so since the owner of my local homebrew supply shop got viral cardiomyopathy (and closed the store.)

I think the free shipping over $65 happened in early 2022, possibly late 2021. (I have invoices from before 2022 showing shipping charges. Even back then with shipping charges, they were competitive, price-wise.)

All orders have been packed well, and shipped quickly. They even posted a notification when they were about to go on a staff break for a week or so, so folks could get in an order before they took off.

I just noticed the ad on the forum and browsed their site. They are much cheaper for their beer kits that both Austin Brew Supply and Morebeer. When I say cheaper, I mean pretty significant. A Blind Pig clone at AHB or MoreBeer is somewhere in the 35 dollar range while at Farmhouse it is only 25. Has anybody done any business with them?
Farmhouse does seem to have decent prices (I have been tempted to order some of their 4 oz bags of hops as that is a convenient size). I would note that looking at their Blind Pig clone vs MoreBeer's, I see that their recipe has about 10.5 lbs of grain where the MoreBeer one 14.5 lbs. They both seem to have similar amounts of hops.

I understand and apologise if I ruffled any feathers. I just saw the ad on the side of the screen and took a look. If you are a vendor and I have made some unintentional mistake I did not mean to. Just thought I would ask. I won't bring it up again. Rock On!!!!!!
No feathers ruffled at all. I was just offering my take on it.

I used to order from them a lot. I only stopped because I started buying more in bulk which is cheaper locally for the most part. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Good product and service.

Back