Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd Street Brewery said:
Cool, I was hoping you would see it in time for this week but oh well. I need someone to run until Alexander comes back.

1st FFB league and 1st trade. Why doesn't it happen right away?

Yes, we COULD, theoretically, vote against it...

Bwa-ha-hahaha!!! HAAAAhahahaha!HAAAAAAha-Ha-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

<cough>

Damn... where's the smiley for "Just blew my wad for this week's evil plotting?"

I'm not sure it matters; what's the effective date for the trade? If you JUST accepted it, 48 hours from now is after the games have begun.

Note: This trade will be reflected on the lineup for Week 5.

Looks like you're out of luck for this week. D'Bricks, you sure you don't want to start McNair this weekend?

So, does NO ONE really think I have a chance of beating this Jetclown this weekend?

the_bird said:
Looks like you're out of luck for this week. D'Bricks, you sure you don't want to start McNair this weekend?

So, does NO ONE really think I have a chance of beating this Jetclown this weekend?

I'm your only vote... I like Johnson and Fitzgerald in this matchup. Matt I suspect is going to stink it up this week though.

Yeah, Seattle's up against Chicago, but it sounded like they were going to play a lot of 4-wideout sets (especially with Alexander out). This may just mean that Hasselback throws five INTs. Chad Johnson is due for a breakout - unfortunately, it probably WILL be this weekend since the Pats don't have a shutdown corner to put on him. It'll be close, I think.

Haha, I saw I was down 42-6, (I caved and got stat-tracker) then realized most of my guys won't play til tonight or monday. Phew!

Damn stat tracker... makes me worry for no damn reason. Damn.

Then, of course, I see what Bruschi's Atlanta defense did (25 POINTS! Holy crap!) and I think my first-place status is going downnnnn.... the tubes.

Current scores:

Drunken Sailors 29
Coach Dude 19

D'Bricks 41
more_Bruschi 53

Angry Pirates 27
Keg Krushers 25

Really Rottens 48
win14thegipper 47

Town Drunks 39
Skull Splitters 25

Scrotum Puppies II 18
Desert Swarm 30

NY Athletic Jews 19
NY Goombahs 50

61-47. My only prayer is for Seattle's D to have a field day against the Bears tonight and for Favre to light it up against Philly tomorrow. I'm not holdin my breath. Doh!

Scores with 2 games left:

Drunken Sailors 23
Coach Dude 31

D'Bricks 41
more_Bruschi 82

Angry Pirates 38
Keg Krushers 38

Really Rottens 61
win14thegipper 47

Town Drunks 36
Skull Splitters 27

Scrotum Puppies II 29
Desert Swarm 37

NY Athletic Jews 66
NY Goombahs 72

GO GOOMBAHS!

First place, here I come, baby!

EDIT: Walker, be honest with me. What hurts worse, watching what the Pats did to your boys this afternoon, or losing to the team who started a WR on his bye week? :D

Oh man- well, welcome to first place, homes. This is some Beeee-ess. But hey- I wasn't expecting to do this well at all.

Well well, Bruschi- I may have been premature in my concession-

As of now, I am tied with the Goombahs, 78(!)-78(!), and his games are nearly played out, while I have the Philly/Green Bay game tomorrow night.

If Bruschi holds at 80, I need not score any points to remain (perilously) in first place.

I can taste my ill-gotten, plundered HomeBrew booty now!

WTF - I can't believe that I can't get a stinkin score out of any of my guys!! :mad: :confused:

Puppies, if you lose this, I'd be amazed.

Well, it seems this week's battle for first place is all over but for the shouting.

(Commence shouting, Bruschi).

I'll see if I can use tomorrow night's game to pad my lead a little bit- I hope Ahman Green plays.

Congrats to the Goombahs for scoring way above predictions, and to my co-undefeated brother Bruschi.

Probably just as well that you won, P-Funk. I'd be an even more unbearable a-hole if I were in sole possession of first place. Fact is, I've been lucky as s*it, I could easily be 2-2 or worse (favorable matchups early, and I had a couple guys I wouldn't have necessarily expected come through yesterday).

EDIT: just looked the numbers over again, my four best players (Hasselback, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Fred Taylor's Groin) combined for FIVE points. Total. Hasselback tossed up a -1. Yikes.

Oh man, no worries- I think I'm becoming a bit of a jerk about it- it's the shock of not having expected to do very well at all. I wouldn't have won had not somebody advised me to play Re. Williams (who, like, more than tripled his projected output) and NOT play New Orleans- who had a single, pitiful point.

I think, as the season goes on, it will equalize. You've still got a great team.

See everybody next week.

desertBrew said:
WTF - I can't believe that I can't get a stinkin score out of any of my guys!! :mad: :confused:

Puppies, if you lose this, I'd be amazed.

BE AMAZED! I think I lost by two points or more. My fU##@NG QB lost me 3 points as opposed to Warner who only lost you 2.

Someone has to come in last place. Might as well be me.

My guys are soooooooo :fro:

Pups, I'm surprised you didn't play Brees over Smith... Moss I guess I could understand. Anyways, thanks!

Da Bears are a scary arse'd team.

Current scores with 1 game left:

Drunken Sailors 31
Coach Dude 31

D'Bricks 40
more_Bruschi 81

Angry Pirates 56
Keg Krushers 38

Really Rottens 61
win14thegipper 44

Town Drunks 66
Skull Splitters 27

Scrotum Puppies II 34
Desert Swarm 37

NY Athletic Jews 82
NY Goombahs 78

Oh, my god... Walker... wow. No wonder you didn't mind the avatar change, yoy got your ass handed to you by a team starting a WR on his bye week.

Speaking of which, that's two weeks in a row... just sayin'...

Anybody want Atlanta's D for next weekend? They put up 25 points and saved my ass last week, but I'm not keeping them over Pitt. Cost is a WR.

Westbrook is out tonight. Victory is mine!!!! :rockin:

todd_k said:

OH RLY?

Hmmmm....I'm not saying the Pack might have a chance, but we just might have a chance tonight! I keed.

I love the Packers, but this is going to be 48-13 Iggles.

Fully prepared for the onslaught. I'm drinking 10% ABV Stone Anniversary IPA right now. Might not make it to halftime. ;)

Dude said:
OH RLY?

Hmmmm....I'm not saying the Pack might have a chance, but we just might have a chance tonight! I keed.

I love the Packers, but this is going to be 48-13 Iggles.

Fully prepared for the onslaught. I'm drinking 10% ABV Stone Anniversary IPA right now. Might not make it to halftime. ;)

Enjoying your new perspective on the game, are we?

Dude said:
is she ****in' hot or what? I love her voice and I love that skanky look. Just me?

I don't find her hot at all. She looks kinda manish to me. I'm usually a big fan of the skanky ones, but she just doesn't do it for me.

todd_k said:

I was needing a big night from Westbrook to beat you. I sat his ass on the bench last week and he had a great game. I can't win.

My Patriot Posse after the Pats-Bengals game.

Patriots pic 005.jpg

Back