Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ablrbrau said:
please tell me that all his players are done. It'd be REALLY embarrassing to lose to a team with no RB's

I think BostonBrewing / Keg Krushers owes us an explanation why he picked Town Drunks, aka Sans RBs, to beat you....

P funky said:
Just like to point out, if Dillon has a decent night, I will clear 60 points tonight. Hooray! And I've made ONE move so far.

Not over yet, I just need 19 points from Bush tonight :confused:.

Warner is a moron; how can you suck it up so bad with that much offensive horse power on the Cardinals.

That's true, Bush could have a wild night.

I've been winning, but with fairly low points- I think once I hit some better teams I'll drop like a stone through the rankings.

Unless somebody wants to give me an RB...

You have Corey Dillon AND Kevin Faulk? You want Laurence Maroney to round out the package? ;)

Not sure how long Dillon will be out, haven't checked the papers yet. I've got Kevin Jones of Detroit Rock City on my bench, he's not the world's greatest player but he's a legit starter. Had a nice game yesterday against GB (which had been allowing the second-lowest average yards per carry, I believe). If you have any interest at all, make me an offer, it probably won't take much.

My guys suck. Even if they had performed well, they would have been crushed by the opposition. I'd crawl into a bottle and drown my sorrows if it wasn't for my Xterra Owner's Club FFB team, (Scrotum Puppies I) which is doing much better.

Well my season just took a nose dive. S Alexander out with a broken foot. No other starting RBS out there on the waiver wire unless I pick up his replacement. This sucks:mad:

2nd Street Brewery said:
Well my season just took a nose dive. S Alexander out with a broken foot. No other starting RBS out there on the waiver wire unless I pick up his replacement. This sucks:mad:

And More_Bruschi was quick to nab him right from under ya!

Ehhh... I don't know about that. This is my first time doing FFB, but I've read a LOT of Bill Simmons over the years, he talks about FFB a LOT (he writes a couple 10k word essays each year), and I've never heard anything about this. He wants him, he can have him; I know he also wants Pennington, so I'm more than willing to make a deal happen. Just giving him a little bit more incentive to get me a good offer.

the_bird said:
Ehhh... I don't know about that. This is my first time doing FFB, but I've read a LOT of Bill Simmons over the years, he talks about FFB a LOT (he writes a couple 10k word essays each year), and I've never heard anything about this. He wants him, he can have him; I know he also wants Pennington, so I'm more than willing to make a deal happen. Just giving him a little bit more incentive to get me a good offer.

So you bribe him. Nice.

Actually, his team will pick up now that Steve Smith is healthy and Delhomme has legit weapons. QB is the least of his worries. Trading for Pennington is questionable IMHO, because he is bound to a) get hurt at somepoint, or b) won't be able to keep this up.

Actually Bird, I just let you THINK I want Penny:D If you want to play that way it's fine with me. Hope you don't have to dump anyone too valuable to free up that roster spot. :ban:

In any case, I need to make a 2-1 or 3-1 trade. Not looking for anything big, but for anybody seeking some bench depth, I've got Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, Shaun Alexander's replacement... Kevin Jones, although I'm planning to give him the start against St. Louis. Make me an offer.

the_bird said:
In any case, I need to make a 2-1 or 3-1 trade. Not looking for anything big, but for anybody seeking some bench depth, I've got Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, Shaun Alexander's replacement... Kevin Jones, although I'm planning to give him the start against St. Louis. Make me an offer.

LOL...looking at your team, I'm gonna let this play out. :p

You need to find a kicker and a DEF before this week's games, which means dropping some depth.

*wonders what he'll end up doing* :D

They're all guys I picked up as free agents or off waivers, so it doesn't break my heart if I have to cut someone. But, anyone who wants to add some depth to THEIR roster, I'm listening. Anyone who's got a good player who's going to be out a couple of weeks, I'm your source. It's not in y'all's best interests to collectively NOT trade with me. I'm the guy in the dark car in the parking lot, someone out there needs what I'm selling.

the_bird said:
They're all guys I picked up as free agents or off waivers, so it doesn't break my heart if I have to cut someone. But, anyone who wants to add some depth to THEIR roster, I'm listening. Anyone who's got a good player who's going to be out a couple of weeks, I'm your source. It's not in y'all's best interests to collectively NOT trade with me. I'm the guy in the dark car in the parking lot, someone out there needs what I'm selling.

We'll see.

Story of my FFB "career".

In a family league that we've done for 6 years now, SWMBO's teams are perrenially good. After 3 games this year, she and I are tied for first place, and we play each other this week.

As luck would have it, I have Tiki Barber and Willie Parker on byes this week. DOH!

I swear something like this happens to me every year.

On the "gentleman's FFB" thing when someone's guy gets hurt. This is my first FFB season but I didn't think it would have worked that way. Last night watching MNF I saw that news on Warner getting benched and I amost beach slapped my wife off the computer to login and sign up Leinart. He can't do worse than Warner who was my starting QB (I hope).

I have a problem though. I now have two rookie QB's and 2 rookie RB's. If we have any gamblers out there that may think I have a sleeper waiting to breakout this year for a good RB I may entertain the offer. I feel like I'm in a rebuilding mode.

PS - Did I SUCK this weekend :(.

EDIT - Ok, speculation on him getting benched. Darned reporters.

Drop Wilford and go pick someone up; there's not a LOT of good TEs out there, but Jason Witten's not too bad. He's playing Tennessee this week, and Bledsoe has always liked throwing to the tight end. I like Jermaine Wiggins a lot, too, he's from Southie and has great hands; they'll look to him in Minny, but he has trouble getting open in tight space so he doesn't do much in the red zone.

Getting back to the FFB etiquette thing. I'm a newb and don't know all the unwritten rules but I think it should be every team owner's responsibility to keep abreast on who's injured, inactive, suspended, has a bye week, etc.

I didn't expect y'all to let me know that one of my starting RBs was deactivated on Sunday morning (&%$#@!) after I had finalized my roster. That's my tough luck.

Every man for himself, the early bird gets the worm, and many other cliche's that may apply. Just my 2 cents.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Getting back to the FFB etiquette thing. I'm a newb and don't know all the unwritten rules but I think it should be every team owner's responsibility to keep abreast on who's injured, inactive, suspended, has a bye week, etc.

I didn't expect y'all to let me know that one of my starting RBs was deactivated on Sunday morning (&%$#@!) after I had finalized my roster. That's my tough luck.

Every man for himself, the early bird gets the worm, and many other cliche's that may apply. Just my 2 cents.

Word.

:rockin:

Yeah, I agree with first come first serve. That's what the waiver wire is for.

So, anybody who needs a starting RB, Morris (I think that's his name) is available, modest price. Give me a decent defense and/or kicker that's better than the guys available on the waiver wire and he's yours. Same is true with Randy Moss. Anybody with two defenses or kickers, now's your chance to convert that into a legit starter.

You know, I didn't even pick him up Monday morning, it was THIS morning, there was more than 24 hours when it was known that Alexander was hurt.

Bird, just to let you know, I didn't really think you did anything that bad. I didn't see Alexander was hurt until yesterday but I took a mental health day to get some work done around the house. Was going to start looking today and still have some options(which I wont tell you or you'll grab them:p ) It's all for fun as far as I'm concerned so no problem. :mug:

Hell, *I* don't think I did anything bad!

Fact is, I fully expect every one of you mofos to do whatever you can to win. Otherwise, where's the fun?

If you want Morris, make me an offer.

Whoever has TO, I give you my best Nelson from the Simpsons-HA-HA!

Back