Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
Is Bruschi the one who was giving Walker sh*t all game? You've raised her well...

LOL.....My Patriettes would never give Walker ****. We were guests in Walker's home...we had to show a modicum of civility & humility. :D

All he has to do is tear up his knee (again) for the trifecta.

WOW. Jennings just got SMOKED. Think they did the "JACKED-UP" segment a little bit too early.

EDIT: I think Driver's thinking about that hit too much. Couple of passes he could have gotten, didn't seem to extend on that last one.

More for Dude than the rest of ya. WTF do we still have Ahmad Carroll playing for!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guy is T-buck incarnate!!

Good thing you're just enjoying watching Brett Favre and not stressing about the score, right, Dude?

Right? Right?

Man, his receivers aren't doing him ANY favors tonight (that was still a bad throw he put up, the pick called back on penalty). Looked like he threw it off his back foot up for grabs. The pick he did throw wasn't on him, but that one that was called back - that was pretty bad.

the_bird said:
Good thing you're just enjoying watching Brett Favre and not stressing about the score, right, Dude?

Right? Right?

Man, his receivers aren't doing him ANY favors tonight (that was still a bad throw he put up, the pick called back on penalty). Looked like he threw it off his back foot up for grabs. The pick he did throw wasn't on him, but that one that was called back - that was pretty bad.

Calmer than you are. :D

I feel like typing something but there's nothing too much to say that's not already known. Guess I'll drink a beer instead. :cross:

ooh, was that KGB with an outside rush and getting pushed out of the play? Never seen that b4. ;)

You know, there's one thing about football and beer. If you're winning you drink in celebration. If your losing you drink in remorse. If it's tight you drink out of the drama. Football = Beer.

I already hate that Tony Corhauser guy or whatever his name is. I thought he was good on PTI but last night he pretty much ruined the game for me. It was the third qt. and the Packers were down by like 9 points and he kept saying, "this game is over" WTF? I was hoping Theisman would punch him in his stupid non-athletic mouth. Then he wouldnt shut up about it after it turns out the game was over.

I dont see him being there much longer, hell I almost turned the game off because I figured it was over, and when the announcer repeatedly says the game is over when there is 20 minutes left you kind of believe him. That cant be good for ratings!

All I know is, remember that Colts game a few seasons ago when they were down by like 5 TD's in the 4th? And Peyton came back to win that game. I remember the next day I ask a guy I worked with about the game and he said, "Yea what a blow-out" When I told him that the colts won he didnt believe me, and was kicking himself for not watching the end of the game.

Its like what Yogi Berra said, "It aint ove till its over" or it certainly aint over just because Tony Cornslopper says it is.

What I think is interesting is the dynamic between Kornheiser and Theisman. I really don't think Joe Theisman has a sense of humor AT ALL. Kornheiser will make some stupid crack (and some of it IS pretty stupid), but Theisman seems to take everything at a level of Code Red seriousness. I can't think of a good specific example, but there have been times when you can tell that Theisman is pissed off and refuting something that Kornheiser said purely in jest. It's NOT a good dynamic (but it's still better, IMHO, than Madden).

Kornheiser is ok, I really like him on PTI and I used to listen to his radio show. Apparently he's a complete d-bag in real life. It's not like he doesn't know anything about football, he's been a sports writer for 30+ years. Theismann can get annoying but I do like Mike Terico.
Speaking of announcers..... Madden had his Brett Favre ass-hat on last Sunday night. He was comparing Rex Grossman to a young Brett Favre. Does Madden get a free wheel of Wisconsin cheese everytime he mentions Favre?

I agree that the Kornheiser, Theisman isn't a good match. And you're right the_bird Theisman doesn't seem to have a humor. I fully expect this MNF group won't be the same next year.

todd_k said:
Does Madden get a free wheel of Wisconsin cheese everytime he mentions Favre?

I do believe so - but Tony was doing it last night early on as well. Cheese curds for all.

todd_k said:
Does Madden get a free wheel of Wisconsin cheese everytime he mentions Favre?

Madden has always been a big Favre pole-smoker. Madden's schtick was old 10 years ago.

I think the ESPN crew SUCKS. The #2 trio that did the other MNF game opening week was MUCH better. Ron Jaworski, Dick Vermeil and was it Sean Mcdonough?

They were GREAT, compared to the tools on the ESPN crew now.

I like Jaws. I like Kornheiser a lot, but he's a bad fit in that group. I bet, though, that he'd do a lot better with Jaworski (who isn't quite as tight-assed as Theisman) as his running mate - hell, I bet that would be a good pair, as long as they had a strong play-by-play man.

Madden is nothing more than a big, streaming pile of rotten cliches at this point. He hasn't said anything new or interesting in ten years.

desertBrew said:
More for Dude than the rest of ya. WTF do we still have Ahmad Carroll playing for!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Guy is T-buck incarnate!!

LOL....Route 28 got released today. YES!!!!!!:ban:

I fully expect him to be starting for the Rams next weekend.

Dude said:

That is AWESOME!!! Anyone picking him up in the NFC North division would be even better.

desertBrew said:
That is AWESOME!!! Anyone picking him up in the NFC North division would be even better.

DesertBrew...(and you other Packer fans)

You should join X4. Great place for Packers talk. They have a bunch of old crusties are are really mean, but there is no better place to get Packer info. I always join the chat during the games. It is a good time. I mainly lurk, but sometimes I can't help myself and post.

www.timesfour.com Great place for Wisconsin sports

Dude said:

Yup heard that on the radio on the way home. Damn, Dude, yo beat me to the post:)

Dude said:
DesertBrew...(and you other Packer fans)

You should join X4. Great place for Packers talk. They have a bunch of old crusties are are really mean, but there is no better place to get Packer info. I always join the chat during the games. It is a good time. I mainly lurk, but sometimes I can't help myself and post.

www.timesfour.com Great place for Wisconsin sports

Ya know, I did join there awhile back when you posted about it here, but I have never posted there.....hmmmm....

Without making me go back to 50+ pages, who are the deadbeat teams?

Town Drunks = ???

Drunken Sailors = ???

If I can switch over ownership, do I have a couple peeps not in the league already that would be interested in adopting a fine FFB team?

No, Agassi actually participates in this; he rejected a trade I proposed. I can't remember which team, but it wasn't one of these.

Town Drunks, I think, was by someone I've never heard of or really seen on the board (maybe 15 posts).

One of my clients has had Patriot season tickets since 1971.

This year?

He's on the 50 yard line, second row.

Of course, he never invites ME to come along...

I got mine from the parents of a friend of mine, who were our neighbors all last season, then PCSd to England.

We got the tix at face value, which is awesome. Last year we paid over 300 dollars for our seats. Saw the pack cremate the Saints. :rockin:

Hopefully the Cards give you a decent game. Personally, I can't think of a team I would be *less* excited to see than Arizona (although it's still damn cool just to go to the game). Maybe Tennessee.

My wife and I always talk about going to a Bills games, but then we forget until it's too late in the season to buy tix (and the games versus the Pats ALWAYS sell out quickly).

Is the waiting list for Pack season tickets still like twenty five or thirty years?

Now that I say that, it looks like the only Bills game we *could* get tickets for is against Tennessee... :D

But, it's Christmas Eve, and we *might* be out in Buffalo anyway... plenty of family to watch the babe while we go to the game... her brother would likely be in town... I may just run that by the SWMBO when I get home.

the_bird said:
Hopefully the Cards give you a decent game. Personally, I can't think of a team I would be *less* excited to see than Arizona (although it's still damn cool just to go to the game). Maybe Tennessee.

Wow....not only am I excited to go to Lambeau again, but we actually picked that game out of the 3 that they offered us. We can see Leinart, Fitgerald, Edge, Boldin, etc. Should be cool.

Plus, Lambeau is just a great time all by itself. We wasted a whole Saturday in the atrium last time.

the_bird said:
Is the waiting list for Pack season tickets still like twenty five or thirty years?

Even longer than that.
I've been on the list since 95, latest postcard I'm at 29,155.
icon_pullhair.gif

That'll put me at getting seats in about 30 years. I've moved up roughly 10,000 spots in 10 years.

I think the list is over 71,000 people now. Unreal.

the_bird said:
Now that I say that, it looks like the only Bills game we *could* get tickets for is against Tennessee... :D

But, it's Christmas Eve, and we *might* be out in Buffalo anyway... plenty of family to watch the babe while we go to the game... her brother would likely be in town... I may just run that by the SWMBO when I get home.

That sounds like a plan. An NFL game no matter where it is--is always a good time. We've been to FEDEX field twice to see the Redskins. Good time.
December in Buffalo--it'll cold as balls there then too. :D

Back