false bottom option

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I soldered a stainless ring to the diptube to act as a brace/guard to prevent the FB from raising up during the boil. I placed the ring at such a level on the diptube that it provides significant pressure to the FB to keep it in place.

I used it on a porter w/2.5oz of pellets and drained liked a charm...the 1/2" ball valve makes a HUGE difference. Drained the keggle in about 2-3 minutes.

I'll post a pick soon.

So I soldered a stainless ring to the diptube to act as a brace/guard to prevent the FB from raising up during the boil. I placed the ring at such a level on the diptube that it provides significant pressure to the FB to keep it in place.

I used it on a porter w/2.5oz of pellets and drained liked a charm...the 1/2" ball valve makes a HUGE difference. Drained the keggle in about 2-3 minutes.

I'll post a pick soon.

You ever get a pic of this? There's a kitchen store near me doing a closeout and they have these on clearance.

Back