Fallout 3 - How did I miss this for so long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently picked up Fallout 3 + all DLC for XBox thanks to XBL promotional discounts.

Holy feck how did I miss this game for so long?

It is very Skyrim'ish, granted it is by Bethesda, but IMO a LOT more immersive. And a little bit slower, if that is possible.

I mostly just blunder around between questlines and "explore" everything in my path. Which brings me to Meresti and the Family. I knew a bit about these nutjobs from NPC at Arefu before I started over. I did not, however, know that I HAD to goto Arefu in order to find Ian West.

I save frequently but, I also cull out all my saves each time to keep it to about 3 or 4. As it would happen I cannot get back to where I was before getting into Meresti and now I think I am fecked on the Ian quest.

I tried to pickpocket the head nutjob to get into his safe, pc, or the back room. I got caught. The guy attacked so I slaughtered the entire family. Bad for karma, good for scrap and loot.

Anyway, I got into everything and finally into the back room and Ian was not there. bless.

Is there another way to get the Hemotophage perk? Or did it die with Vance?

I got addicted to that game. I never played all the side missions. I didnt know i was beating the game until the credits rolled. lol Sadly i lost all my content and cant play the add ons but I might pick it back up and play again. Seems i never have time/want to play anymore.

I got addicted to that game. I never played all the side missions. I didnt know i was beating the game until the credits rolled. lol Sadly i lost all my content and cant play the add ons but I might pick it back up and play again. Seems i never have time/want to play anymore.

Xbox?

XBL remembers what you've paid for. Even if you delete it you can download again without paying again.

Xbox?

XBL remembers what you've paid for. Even if you delete it you can download again without paying again.

For Xbox, I have the disc and before i got a new live account i had the FO3 on a different. It would not move over and i accidentally deleted it i think. I might start playing it again and play through it again. Its hard for me to replay a game.

Its hard for me to replay a game.

Has always been the same for me as well. I play a game for a while and eventually move onto something else never to return. At least that is how it was on teh Original XBox, but, then again not many of those games had the same level of repeatability.

Fast forward, years later, XBox 360 has already been through the RROD clusterfvck, and I decided to dust off my Original Xbox and play Doom and Serious Sam with my son. Had great fun getting him started on console gaming. Next thing I know the OXBox smokes and I finally decide to invest in a 360 to be met with the like of Skyrim, Borderlands, Dishonored, Kinect Carnival, and Kinect Adventures. All great games with great repeat play.

If it weren't for being blasted by XBL advertising I'd have never been turned on to Fallout since we've been so immersed in the others.

if i recall correctly, you need the head of the vamps alive to teach you the perk. You get it by negotiating an agreement between them and the people on the overpass. At least I think so. I played it through a couple years ago. I may have to reinstall it.

if i recall correctly, you need the head of the vamps alive to teach you the perk. You get it by negotiating an agreement between them and the people on the overpass. At least I think so. I played it through a couple years ago. I may have to reinstall it.

Yep, I have since read and confirmed this. Oh well. Tis' the beauty of playing blind. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Made my way up to minefield. bless those mines! I also read that I shouldn't have killed Arkansas as I could have sold him as a slave later.

What I have learned from all this is I need to just not read anything about the game anymore and just play.

You can. I tend to be a semi ethical player. I steal from houses and kill people that annoy me. Minefield is not so bad, you just have to look down a bit and double activate the mines when you hear a beep. They sell pretty high and can help you earn a quick couple bucks.

You can. I tend to be a semi ethical player. I steal from houses and kill people that annoy me. Minefield is not so bad, you just have to look down a bit and double activate the mines when you hear a beep. They sell pretty high and can help you earn a quick couple bucks.

Ha. I keep a stockpile of purified waters, scrap metals, and caps so that I can offset karma lost with karma gained and keep my character neutral.

Slaughtering the family cost me a crapton of scrap metal to rebalance karma.

Ugh, I invested a couple hundred hours in that game..

I would make a save file after accepting a mission so I could turn in the good and bad way (mostly for trophies) to see the different outcomes..

SWMBO hates that game..

Latest posts

Back