expanding on a keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeyfisherman

Reaction score
Hey guys, like most people i have found that I really hate bottling, and it is the one part of this hobby that feels more like a job than something i am doing for fun. I just bottled a dead guy ale clone today and decided its the last time im doing it.

Brewed an irish red today and i am determined to have it on tap in a keezer.

I have a lot of questions but the first is if i buy a 2 faucet kit like this one:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=529

How easy would it be to expand and add another faucet later? Would i need a whole new manifold or is there a way to split it? Did I just ask a stupid question? And does that look like a good price?

Another option would be to go with something like this at your regulator output.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/wye-1-4-mpt-x-1-4-fpt.html

Put your current outlet fitting into one side of the "Y" and then buy a ball/check valve to go on the ither side. (The same style valve that will come on the manifold...) Just another way of doing the same thing, but adding a little more versatility.

I used cheap stainless steel T's in my co2 lines for splitting to other kegs. I then upgraded to a manifold still using just 1 regulator, but the T's worked fine. You can use plastic but I chose a bit more expensive SS so that I could reuse them someday. You don't need anything expensive to expand your system later. You can get as elaborate and complex or as easy as you want with this stuff. It's really up to you.

I've got three secondary regulators feeding four kegs. On one I use a stainless "T" so the one regulator controls two kegs. Worked great so far for the cost of the "T" and a few clamps.

Latest posts

Back