Enough of time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyindaburgh

Reaction score
So I dry hopped a pale ale today, well after fermentation was complete. I am using conan yeast and would like to have it forced carbed by Saturday. I am thinking, crash it Monday night, geletin tues night, keg and force carb Thurs night. Pull a sample for a mtg Saturday. Thoughts?

So I dry hopped a pale ale today, well after fermentation was complete. I am using conan yeast and would like to have it forced carbed by Saturday. I am thinking, crash it Monday night, geletin tues night, keg and force carb Thurs night. Pull a sample for a mtg Saturday. Thoughts?

I don't use gelatin, but that seems ok.

I normally dryhop for 3-7 days, with 5 days being my "sweet spot", but if you dryhopped it today I would keg it Tuesday. Then I'd put it at 30 psi for 36 hours, and then reduce to 12 psi until Friday evening. Then, I'd pour a sample to get rid of the sediment.

If you have to move the keg, I'd then "jump" to a new keg without moving the first keg to make sure the sediment doesn't get kicked up.

This family vacation thing got in my way. Not able to take care of my beer and lost most of peaches that were growing to the bees. Ugh!

Latest posts

Back